Chapter 1. MAVERICK

***Song pick for the chapter.***
Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins

    "Dad, we are going to be late. I said from across the yard loading the ice chest into the bed of my rust bucket truck.
       The Green paint chipped off in chucks allowing the rust to show through. "We will be just on time", he said walking out into the sunlight putting on his ball cap. He pulled his cane from the door and limped over to the truck.
        "You're worse than me and I'm a girl", I said laughing pulling my long brown hair though the back of my hat. "All this perfection takes time....Okay", he laughed while opening the door to the passenger side. I rolled my eyes and started the truck and pressed the window button.

        "Be right back I have to pee" I said with a cheeky smile. He rolled his eyes, "now I'm waiting on you" he yelled as I waved my hand dismissively.

<Meanwhile on the Finalizer>

           The sinister Kilo Ren has captured the best resistance pilot from the planet Jakku

           The sinister Kilo Ren has captured the best resistance pilot from the planet Jakku. "Where is the map" Kylo demand looking at the now bloody Poe.
            "I don't know what you mean, I don't have a map" he said back "you do know I can take what ever I want", as Kylo reached his arm out searching though Poe's mind fishing for the map.
               Poe was strong but he wasn't sure how long he could hold on for. Searing pain was shooting through his head. "I see...." Kylo stopped his words. Images of a girl flashed into his mind.
           Who was this girl staring back at him her eyes as green as any forest he had ever seen, a tear feel from her face. The next vision it was her holding her head screaming. He dropped his hand and Poe passed out with no knowledge of what kylo had just seen. "I'll be back for you" he said walking from the cell.
           Kylo had one thing on his mind now he had to find this girl..... he had felt her power and he needed her, she would be valuable to the cause of the first order

~~~~ Back on earth~~~~~
       I took a deep breath and swallowed a handful of water  from the sink with a couple ibuprofens. That pain was all too familiar.
       I looked at myself in the mirror fixed my hat put a smile on my face and walked back to the truck trying to ignore the now splitting headache.

"I can't believe you still haven't fixed the AC", my dad said shacking his head and fanning himself with his hand dramatically. "To busy", I laughed, and we headed down the dirt road to the Fourth of July party.

           I pulled up slowly and backed in. I walked around to pull the ice chest down Andy yelled from across the street. "Major", I looked up to my childhood friend and coworker. "Andy", I said looking at his as he saluted me then jogged across the road.      
            "I'll carry that for you" he pulled it off the tailgate with a grunt. "How on earth did you carry this and load it up by yourself," he gave me a look "How about we don't call me by my rank today and I'll tell you my secrets". I said laughing as he was struggling with the weight.
                 "What did you pack in this dam box", he grunted again shifting the weight. "Oh, you know rocks, cement bricks maybe a couple hammers", I said thinking about all the beer I was told to bring. "Well it feels like it", he said as we walked into his back yard. Only house for miles with a decent pool. "Hello sir", Andy said to my father. "Hello Andy, how is my favorite son I never had" ,
                "Oh, you know slaving away at work", he eyed me, and I looked to the sky pretending I didn't hear anything. "You must work for a tyrant", my father said, and I elbowed him.