Chapter 32

Author POV

          Jimin saw Seolhyun in the kitchen alone and walked toward her. She noticed the uneasy look on Jimin's face. He looked around secretly to be sure that no one would be able to listen to their conversation, then he turned his head at her, wearing a pair of serious eyes, almost penetrating her.

"What is it Jimin?", asked her confusedly.

"Why are you pregnant?", he whispered to her with tightness in his chest.

She frowned as his question did not make sense for her to answer that. "What do you mean? Do you want me to answer this in a science way or traditional way?".

"Noona, I'm not joking. I know he hates you. But what with this sudden pregnancy? I do not want to believe it", he growled under his breath.

Seolhyun clicked her tongue as she was exasperated. She did this because she wanted to protect him but he came to confront her just like this which would have worsened the problem.

"Yes, you are right. He hates me but he is still just being himself. Fooling around with girls, is it that thing what he really wants? Pleasing himself. And do you know what grandpa's wish is?"

Jimin frowned and looked at her more intensely.

"Jungkook will inherit everything once the child is born. And then he will divorce me. Is it like hitting two birds with one stone?".

The anger inside Jimin grew bigger. He already sensed about this, Jungkook must be up for something. There was no way he would bring the good news for nothing. Jimin closed his burning eyes and clenched his hands into fists in anger.

Then, he opened his eyes, looking at his sister with more darkened eyes. "First, I do not like that you are pregnant with his child. I do not want to be an uncle to his son. Secondly, the child is only for his benefit. I don't like everything. I don't like this". He shook his head.

She rolled her eyes back in her head and then looked at Jimin. "So, what should I do? What do you want me to do with my pregnancy? Kill it?".

"Noona, that is not what I mean. If the child is born, he will never get to divorce you. I will make sure of that".

She coughed abrasively and his gaze changed from fierce to worry, seeing his sister looked very sick. "Noona, are you okay?".

He tried to pat her back but she quickly blocked him. 'I'm fine. Do not worry about me and do not do anything. You cannot help me. This world is harsher than you think. Everyone is more wicked than you think. And you should always look behind you. It is whether people or the things you have done. People or things, both can betray you".

He frowned, too difficult to digest what she was trying to say. "What do you mean, noona? I cannot understand you. Talk in a way that I can understand. What is it????".

She snorted and wiped off her teary anger and disappointed eyes. "You should fight with father first before fighting in my battle. Do you think father love us more? Or money more? And the things you had done to him, are you sure all the traces are gone? You are so weak".

Seolhyun walked past and hit his arm. She remembered reading the files that Jungkook gave to her. Her father could easily get away with the crime he committed by putting all the blame on Jimin. That was the reason he really went crazy to suggest Jimin to be appointed as Chief Finance Officer instead of himself. He just was so stupid.

He was left frozen on his spot. So, she must know about it. The embezzlement. But how?

He began to feel that Jungkook was the one who told her and of course that would be her weakness and to him too.