Chapter Eight: A day well spent

Finally. Today is the day I confront (Y/N) about her behaviour. I went to her dorm room and knocked but I got no answer. The door was unlocked so I went in. She wasn't in but her room didn't look as bad as her hideout when I last visited. Nevermind, she scratched the walls. They looked like tally marks. What was she tallying up? Other than that, everything looked untouched. You could see the dust forming. It's like she doesn't even live here.

I searched around the school and outside for her when I found her out in the garden where some people would have lunch. Someone had challenged her to an arm wrestle thinking they could win against her crab arm. I know who it was too. Chad Charming. Wow, this lad must be an absolute twit. (Y/N) actually looked bored until she suddenly slammed his hand on the table winning. She walked away without a word but I stopped her.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked grabbing her arm.

She pulled out of my grip and threatened me with her crab arm as usual.

"Enough of that!" I forced her arm down, "answer the question. What did I do?"

"You ran."

"Because you told me to!"

"Because you assumed that I'm as heartless as my father! You're just like everyone else. You run from the things you don't understand."

And she left. I hate to admit it but, she was right. I did run from her out of fear thinking she was like her dad. Oh, no. What have I done? I can't talk to her without her hating my guts and it's the same with everyone else in Auradon. I might have to do something stupid but I hope it's worth it.

(Time skip)

I guess my stupid idea worked. On the horizon was the Flying Dutchman. I put a note in a bottle and asked Uma to use her magic to send it to Davy Jones. She thought I was being crazier than usual but I told her it was for a good purpose. Now for the worst part. I'm gonna have to talk to him. I've told the King and future Queen about what I did after Uma snitched on me and I'm not sure they're confident about what I'm doing.

Ha... I'm scared.

I waited on the docks for the ship to dock and I really wished I didn't do this but, the only person that can set (Y/N) straight is her father. I hope anyway. The ship docked and I was let on board. Everyone was half human and half sea creature. Although all of them are more sea creature than human at this point. They were all chuckling at me while I stood in the middle of the crowd scared for my life at this point. That feeling grew when I heard thumping approaching. There, in front of me, stood Davy Jones. He's even more intimidating than my own dad.

"I have been summoned to Auradon by a boy?" He asked.

"Aye," I confirmed, "I asked you here to talk about your daughter."

All the crew gasped in surprise. Oh, they don't know! Jones gave me a look and told me to come to his cabin. I'm screwed. We went to his cabin and we stood in silence.

"How do you know my daughter?" He asked.

"I, um.... caught her stealing my pocket watch maybe over a year ago on the Isle of the Lost," I told him, "We became friends but she never told me who her parents were or her name. It was only until more recently she revealed everything including her mother's... curse."

He turned to me, "she has the curse her mother put on me?"

"Yes. Now she's acting worse than..." he gave me a look knowing what I was going to say, "worse than people make you out to be."

"And why did you need to talk to me about my daughter?"

"She is acting the way she looks. A monster. Her words! For weeks I've tried to talk to her, for weeks people have tried to convince her to change but she refuses to listen to anyone. I just thought, since you're her father, you could set her straight."