Chapter Nine: Nightmares

(Y/N)'s POV:

I woke up sweating. This is probably the 50th time by now. I've lost track. It's the same dream every night. I dreamed that my curse came back and I was turning into a monster again. Having trouble going back to sleep, I got my coat and went out into the cold winter night. I know I shouldn't be out because of curfew but I didn't care. I haven't been telling Harry about my sleeping problem and he hasn't asked about it.

Well, he did but I told him it was nothing and just shut up about it. I didn't really want to lie to him but I had to. I don't want him worrying about me. The next morning, I fell asleep during maths class I think. Harry woke me and asked how long I slept last night and I told him not to worry about it and tried to focus on the rest of the lesson. Once that was over, Harry asked again.

"(Y/N), please tell me how long you slept last night."

"I had like four hours of sleep. Satisfied with your answer?" I asked.

"What were you doing to get only four hours of sleep?" He asked.

"I had a bad dream, that's all. It was nothing serious. Alright? Nothing to worry about."

"You've been like this for months."

"Well, I don't care. I'm perfectly fine."

And I left for our next class. I honestly don't see why he's making such a big fuss out of my sleep deprivation. I get enough sleep. Four hours is more than enough. I was later studying for a test before winter break while listening to my music box when I heard an animal noise and, I think, a bit of scratching at my window. I didn't know what it was because I had my curtains closed. I opened them to see a Monkey in a dark red waistcoat outside my window. Without thinking, I opened it and the monkey ran in and climbed onto the end of my bed. It also had a piece of rolled-up paper in its hand. I carefully took it from him or her and they seemed pretty calm. The paper was a note and it said;

'Dear (Y/N),

I'm sorry that this a late but here is a very late birthday present for you. This is a male I've named Daroga for you. Take care of him.

From, Davy Jones, your Dad.'

Honestly, my dad even coming to Auradon was enough to satisfy me. I didn't know what kind of monkey he was but he was quite small. I continued studying for a while before going out for a walk with Daroga on my shoulder being well behaved. I wandered around until I found Harry with Gil having a duel. Probably training. I did overhear them talking about me. Mainly Harry being worried about me because of my sleeping problem and me falling asleep during the day because of it. Harry then caught Gil off guard and knocked him down into the snow.

"I can feel you lurking, Princess," Harry said still looking at Gil.

"And I heard everything," I told him.

The boys finally looked at me immediately noticed Daroga on my shoulder.

"Is that a Monkey?" Gil asked.

"No, it's a baby chimpanzee," I said sarcastically.

"Really?"

"You are such an idiot, you know that?"

"Where'd you get the monkey?" Harry asked.

"My Dad gave him to me as a late birthday present," I told him giving Daroga a head scratch, "his name is Daroga."

"Can we talk about your sleeping problem now?" Harry asked as Gil left us alone.

"What is there to talk about? I told you, it was just a bad dream. Now would you shut up about?"

"Princess, this has been going on for months and I'm worried about you."

"Well, don't be. It's nothing."

"(Y/N), I know when you're lying. Tell me the truth. What has been going on with you?"

"Fine, I've been dreaming about turning into what I was and I wake up at two in the morning and walk around the grounds until morning because sleep is literally not an option at that point. Happy now?"

"Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"Because I don't want you to make a fuss over something stupid."

"Something stupid? This has been disturbing you for months and you never told me because you thought it was stupid? You mean the world to me, nothing is stupid."

Harry kissed me and told me that if I ever had trouble sleeping again, come to his dorm and he'll try to help me fall asleep. Well, I did that and we went back to my dorm and he cuddled me all night. I actually slept well that night having Harry by my side.

(A/N: see you next chapter)