Biana Vacker

All I felt was sorrow. Waves and waves of it. We were at a funeral for councillor Kenric. I'm still not sure what happened, my brother Fitz won't tell me. My father avoids the subject too. As we approach the woods Fitz seams to tense, he came to pay his respects, but he knew that everyone would talk about them. Him and Sofie I mean. People were muttering.
"He helped the girl"
"He's just as guilty as she is!"
"If she's sent to exile, then he should be to!"
My brother suddenly found his shoes very interesting. Which made me angry, even though he won't tell me what happened I know he did nothing wrong. I glanced over at mom, she looked at me and nodded.
"Fitz," my mother said. "Why don't you go stand by that tree away from the crowd. You can pay your respects later." Fitz nodded and walked off.
I looked for Sophie in the crowd. She looked worse than my brother. She was pale, and looked depressed, like she was letting herself believe what the elves were saying. All of a sudden she started shaking, and a look or panic rushed on to her face. Then I realized why, the crowd was pushing in closer and closer. My heart raced, Sophie was one of my closest friends, I couldn't let these elves hurt her. Her goblin body guard quickly rushed her over to where Fitz was standing, I felt a rush or relief, she was out of harms way. Wait a minute I thought if she's over there with Fitz they might be planning something, I thought and immediately felt guilty about it. Yet I was still curios, I used my special ability as a vanisher and made my way over to them out of site.