Chapter 13 - Places We Won't Walk

1 month later...

The weeks passed. Autumn has arrived and it was becoming brasher and colder. By mid-October, the foliage around Mount Greylock and all across the Berkshire Mountains had begun to change, displaying spectacular colors, ranging from golden yellow and blazing orange to vibrant scarlet. The mountain was soon set to close for tourists for the winter, much to the relief of Headmaster Fontaine. First-years were finally able to begin flight training on Wednesday morning. James couldn't stop thinking about that terrifying, bloodcurdling roar. This morning he heard it again, coming from the mysterious Black Forest and it woke him up. Whatever was happening, the monster must have been hunting. Because the Snallygaster had escaped again, Professor Fontaine ordered the school to close after sundown. Harry Potter and his friends were set to arrive at Ilvermorny any day now. He wants to purge the castle, and the mountain, of such an evil, ferocious beast, once and for all. James wrote Professor Lovegood a letter, asking if he and Melissa could come to meet her. The Mayflower II stopped outside Adams at about 10 on the evening of October 18th with three passengers. The first was a skinny man with good-looking, black hair, and he was accompanied by another young man with elongated hair and a freckled complexion. The man was tall and lanky with big hands and large feet. The third person was a young woman with bright brown eyes and bushy brown hair. As they exited the train, they waited, waiting for someone to come and get them. 

"Where is he, Harry?" the woman said.
"He said he'll be here any minute, Hermione," the other replied. "Just be patient." 
"Isn't that Ilvermorny Castle up there?" the other man said. 
"Yes, it is," Harry replied again. 
"I can't bloody see it."
"Because it's underneath all that mist, Ron," Hermione explained. "But it's actually an enchantment.
As they waited for whoever was to pick them up, they heard that same terrifying roar from the Snallygaster again. "What the bloody hell was that?!" Ron exclaimed.
The voice behind Harry, Professor Jacob Potter, said: "That was the Snallygaster, Mr. Weasley." 
"Jacob Potter?" Harry inquired.
"So it is. I'm your cousin. Welcome to Adams, Massachusetts, Mr. Harry Potter, Mr. Ron Weasley, and Miss Hermione Granger," Jacob said. He shook Harry's hand and then embraced him. Then he hugged Ron and then Hermione. He brought them up to Ilvermorny Castle and the Trio stayed in Isolt's old room. "You have no idea how long we've waited for you to come to America, Harry. And the children will be very excited to see the three of you tomorrow. We're going to have a special banquet in your honor.
'And Harry, Where is Mrs. Potter?' Jacob asked. "I would very much like to meet her." 
"I heard she might be coming to America tomorrow with my son. She's still in England."
"Ah, I see." 

The next morning, James awoke with a start once again as the warm sun shone brightly on his face. 
"Good morning, Jamie," Melissa said. "Time to get up. We're supposed to begin Flying classes this morning. And there's a letter on the desk for you. From Professor Lovegood." He rushed over to his desk and looked at the note. It read:

Dear James, 

Please come to my cottage near the lake at 5 pm today. I found something you may be interested in, and I'd be happy to help!

Sincerely, 

Professor Luna Lovegood

The twins threw on their uniforms and headed down to the Great Hall to get some breakfast, but there was a bit of a commotion in the room once they arrived. A crowd has gathered. James walked to the first person he saw, Oliver Cromwell, and Ryan Brennan.
"James, did you hear? Harry Potter is at Ilvermorny right now. Everyone wants to take a look." James stared in shock. "How did you know?" He said.
"Wow, he's early," said another student.
When Harry did appear, a loud cheer filled the Great Hall. Harry waved to everyone and the crowd roared even louder. That was the moment he knew the Harry Potter books were no longer fiction. It was now real. The Boy Who Lived and his friends were real. Everyone rushed to the Great Hall to see him better. But by the time James and Melissa made their way through the crowd, he was gone, and the crowd began to die down and return to breakfast. "Well, that really sucked," James said glumly. 
The crowd gathered around the table and the food. James saw a picture of him and his sister in the newspaper. "Yeah, I wanted to see him," said Melissa. 
"Hey, James," a boy said, "you and Melissa made the front page of the New York Ghost and the Ilvermorny Sonorus." 
"Can you read it?" James asked kindly. He did; it said: