Vengeance is Mine (Rewritten)

The turtles and Splinter broke into Stockman's lab. "Welcome my old friend." Shredder said. "Let my daughter go!" Splinter angrily yelled. Karai struggled against her restraints as she tried to reach her true family. "You are welcome to rescue her. If you can." Said Shredder tauntingly. More footbots crawled out from the shadows and surrounded the heroes. Splinter left onto Shredder and began attacking him. "Yes, fight me rat!" Shredder yelled. The turtles began taking down the footbots. They slashed and stabbed the bots. Soon though the footbots pushed each turtle into a trap. Each turtle stepped onto a cage that sprung open and enclosed them. Footbots threw rope and lassoed it around Splinter's body to render him immobile. Leo was the only hero left standing. But a bot was able to push him into a cage. Luckily as the cage closed Leo was able to wedge his katana in between the metal and work the cage open to free himself. Shredder looked over at him in shock. Leo ran over and cut a chain that hoisted him up to Karai. "Hang on Karai!" He yelled as he landed on her cage. He removed the tape that covered her mouth. "Thanks." She replied. Leo smiled down at her. Unfortunately neither of them saw Shredder behind them. "Leonardo!" Shouted Splinter in an attempt to warn his son. Leo looked over in shock as punched him off the cage. Leo could feel himself falling and let out a bloodcurdling scream. "Leonardo!" Splinter cries as he watched him fall. Leo landed in the vat of mutagen and soon his body was completely submerged in the green liquid. "Leo no!" Cried the other turtles and Karai. Shredder let out a chuckle as he jumped down to safety. Mutagen splashed over the tank. A hand banged on the sides of the tank in vain before sliding down. Leo's new serpent like body began to emerge from the tank. His body was now slender like a snake with light blue skin and dark blue armor like pieces covering his body. His legs were now merged together in a single tail and his hands were replaced with identical snake heads. Leo began to fall from the tank. Splinter let out a pained yell as he pulled himself free from the rope and sliced the footbots. He leapt up and caught Leo's body before it hit the floor. "Leonardo." Splinter said sadly as he looked over his son's new form. "My child." Splinter said through a sob. He didn't noticed Leo's new tail raising up behind him. Leo's eyes snapped open. They were now dark blue his pupils were slits. He slid himself out of Splinter's hold and smacked him with his tail. Leo slid down onto the floor and began taking out footbots. Splinter pulled himself away from watching his eldest son and went to work freeing the others. Once Raph was free he quickly climbed up and freed Karai. She let out a quick thank you and he gave her a nod. Soon the the other two turtles were free as well. Nobody noticed gasoline pouring out from a large can and the stray sparks from a broken bot ignited it. It resulted in a huge explosion that began to destroy the lab. "No, my lab!" Stockman cried out. Splinter smacked him to the ground in anger and annoyance. Then Splinter caught sight of Shredder watching the chaos unfold with pure evil glee. "You Oroku Saki, you did this!" Splinter yelled one pure rage. He ran to attack him but part of the lab collapsed and blocked his way. "No!" Splinter yelled. He felt a hand on his shoulder and turned to face Karai. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. "Please father we must go!" She said sadly. "Leave me!" Splinter yelled as he was blinded by fury. "Shredder will suffer for what he has done but we have to get out of here!" Cried Karai. Splinter let out a pained sigh as he glanced up to see his eldest son hissing on top of a part of the vat of mutagen. "We will avenge you my son." He said sadly. "We gotta get out of here!" Donnie yelled. "Not without Leo!" Karai yelled as she and Splinter rejoined the group. "Leonardo you must listen to me! We must go!" Splinter yelled up to his son. Leo slithered down with a hiss and wrapped his tail around Splinter. He began to squeeze Splinter's body and suffocate him. Splinter let out a pained groan. "My son, please." He begged. Leo ceased hissing and reeled back. "Father?" He said in a snake like voice. Splinter gave him a hopeful smile. Leo quickly released Splinter and tried to escape the lab. Raph cut off his exit. "Leo please wait!" Raph pleaded. Leo hissed in anger and shot acidic venom into his eyes. Raph fell to the ground in pain and held his hand over his eyes. "Wait!" Karai cried. But it was no use, Leo had managed to escape the lab and into the city. Later the remaining three turtles, Karai, Splinter stood sadly on a rooftop overlooking the city. They watched the lab burning below. "Easy Raph." Donnie said as he poured water on Raph's eyes. He was trying get rid of the burning venom that Leo had shot at him. "Enough! I can see fine now!" Raph yelled as he pushed Donnie away. Donnie didn't get angry with his brother's temper like he normally would. He knew Raph was lashing out because he was hurting inside. Just like they all were. Karai went up to her father. "This is all my fault. If I had just listened to Leo when he tried to stop me then none of this would've happened. I'm sorry father." She said as she began to cry. "We should go home my children." Splinter said in a sad voice. The teens began to follow him. Mikey turned to Donnie. "You can make a retro mutagen for Leo right?" Mikey asked. "I don't know Mikey. I hope so." Donnie replied sadly. The rest of their journey home was spent in silence save for the occasional sob or sniffle. Meanwhile on another rooftop Leo was slithering along. He stopped and hissed as his body changed. He reverted back to his old turtle form but he wasn't the same. His mask and weapons still covered his body. But his skin was paler and instead of being pure emerald it was now mixed with bluish white. He opened his eyes and they were the same dark blue snake eyes. He opened his mouth and he had long snake fangs and a fork like tongue. He let out a loud his before changing back into his snake for and slithering away.

Authors note: So I've never been happy with my original Vengeance is Mine ending. It didn't include some key scenes and it was very rushed. Granted I wrote it ages ago and have since gotten better at writing but it still wasn't good enough for me. So I decided to rewrite it and I'm much happier with this one. I hope you guys like this update and know that I'm planning to start writing Deadly Venom soon. Also I wanted to read so other stories from this same Serpent Leo AU and I discovered that someone basically stole my original Vengeance is Mine ending and is passing it off as their own. They did add some stuff but they basically took my original story and used it as a base and added things to it. There are way too many things in it that are written word for word from my story. Of course I am beyond pissed over this. I wish I had discovered it sooner as the plagiarized story was posted in 2019. They even are using the same name I use for my story "Serpent Leo". I am just so angry about this and I can't believe someone would do this. I've never dealt with something like this before. I will provide the link and you can compare it to my original ending. I promise this is real and I am not overreacting.
Plagiarized story link: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/13410344/1/Serpent-Leo