35 | Just Kids

Y/N

_

"So I'm going to be blunt," I said, clapping my hands together, "I'm in love with you."

I don't think I've ever told that to a person before, so this was a moment in history. -ish. It probably wasn't of any importance to anyone other than me. Why, I decided to tell him, was simple: I didn't travel the entire galaxy just to get scared of admitting my feelings.

And Peter probably wouldn't freak out too much....right?

"Okay," the boy said quickly, his cheeks flushing red, "I'm freaking out."

"I mean, it's okay if you don't love me back, I get that this is a lot to--"

"Wooooooooooooooow."

"Peter, stop shuddering like that!"

He folded in half, shaking like he did when I tugged on his hair a few minutes earlier. To be honest, I didn't know how to take this. Was he freaking out because he was too nervous to tell me he didn't love me back? Was he freaking out because he didn't know what to say?

"SsssoooOOORRy..." he said, "so much....seroTonin, give me a seCond!"

"Right... okay."

I stared at him blankly, waiting for him to stand back up and look me in the eye again. This was a mess. Frick. Where's Doctor Strange when you need him? I desperately want to go back in time and unadmit my feelings.

"You're probably wondering why I had another sensory overload," he said, popping back up like nothing happened, "so I should probably explain."

I nodded my head slowly, "probably."

"So, basically, because of my super-human situation, my body produces triple the amount of normal bodily functions," he said, "like serotonin."

"Isn't that the stuff that makes you happy?"

"Yeah, so I pretty much got over excited about what you said, and my Spidey-senses started freaking out over the sudden triple-dose of monoamine neurotransmitters."

I laughed, "is that supposed to be a compliment?"

"Yes, very much so," he blushed sheepishly, "it means I get seriously happy when you do certain things....like say that you love me."

"Oh," I nodded, "that's good right?"

"I'm sorry," he said, waving his hands around his face, "I got sidetracked, and I probably should have been straightforward with you."

"Then be straightforward."

He blinked, his mind obviously processing what to say. I was about to open my mouth to say something else, but he just spewed out a bunch of words bluntly. So pretty much, he was definitely straightforward."

"I've been in love with you for a year," he said really quickly, "and it kinda, maybe sorta drove me insane that you left me, and I spent most of that time thinking you never really loved me like I loved you, and it kinda.....crushed my soul."

"You spoke really fast," I said nervously, "I didn't really understand what you said."

"You didn't get it?"

"It just sounded like a bunch of words."

"Then I won't use words," he stated.

Before I had a chance to process what he said, he grabbed my neck and pulled me into a kiss.