Chapter five "dinner date"

•Diana's perspective•

"I...I..." I have no excuse, not this time at least. They caught me hanging out with Akko...what am I going to do..?

"Diana, i thought we hated her!" Yelled Barbara.

"Well...hate is a...immense word-"

"Yeah!" Hanna began. "She's a loser! And she never does anything right! She's no where near your standards-" Hanna yelled until I interrupted her.

"Stop!!! I yell with anger in my voice, on the verge of tears. Stop..."

Hanna and Barbara stared at me in shock.

"A-akko I-is just t-trying her b-best!"I shout, my voice broken.

"A-and you k-know what? I l-like that about her! I admire that s-she never g-gives up!! And I'm not gonna put u-up with you two insulting her all th-the time!!"

The girls look at me with guilt.

I walk out of the room and slam the door.
I fly up on my broom to go where 'you know what'. I fall off the broom and land on the concrete my causing blood to draw from my right knee.

"Pathetic..." I say to myself.

"Hello?" A familiar voice calls out.

"A-akko?" I answer.

"Diana?!" And before I know it, I hear running footsteps heading my way.

"Diana!! Are you okay?!" She shouted, concerned.

"Yeah.. I wiped my tears. I'm okay" I smile weakly.

"Ohmygod Your knee!!" She looks at my knee.

"It's just a tiny c-

"I'll be right back, Diana!! Just stay there!!" She runs off.

"Cut.." I sigh. Why does she want to help me? All I've done was be cold to her. Why would she help me? After all I've done to her. My thoughts get interrupted by the sound of footsteps. They sounded weird..not similar to akkos. That wasn't Akko.

"Hey Diana" A different and repulsive familiar voice calls out from behind me.

"Amanda... what do you want?" I ask, coldly.

"Nothin, just wanted to tell you somethin"

"What?" I rely coldly (of course) and turn to her.

"You do know that Akko doesn't like you, right?" She smirks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I know you like akko and, sorry to say but she's straight" she laughs a little.

"W-what? N-no she's not" I say nervously.

"How do you know?"
"You don't know akkos sexuality"
She chuckles.

"Shut up! And I don't even like akko!! Now, leave me be!!" I yell.

"Fine, whatever "princess". Heh heh"
She finally walks away.

I'm on the verge of tears but I wipe them away so they don't fall. I suddenly hear footsteps.

"Diana!! I'm back!!" Akko said, running towards me.

"O-oh hi akko" I smile.
I know I was sad just a second ago but, seeing her face make me..happy.

"I got some bandaids! And some alcohol!! She said trying to catch her breath. I hope I was quick enough" she smiled.

"Oh, you're fine" I say reassuring.
She smiles, once again.

She puts alcohol on a cotton ball and dabs it on my knee, I hesitated but quickly stayed still. I was trembling in the process.