00 ~ prologue

~ back in 8th grade

Y/N's POV

I met with that new clique called the 'Heathers' today and I honestly fell in love with Chandler already. And I could tell she liked me too. I mean we literally said it to each other, the only thing stopping us from making out is my 'girlfriend. Now I just need to break up with her, not like it will be hard for me. I stopped 'loving' her back in 4th grade. At that point I was just 'dating' her because it really was just Ronnie and I who were the source of her confidence.

But now it'll just be Ronnie. I sighed, walking up to her and Veronica. "Hey.. Martha?" She turned around, already confused. I never called her by her first name since we started 'dating', she liked pet names. "...Yeah?" I sighed, rubbing my neck. I honestly started to feel a bit guilty. Only a bit. "Look, Martha, you're awesome but.. I'm breaking up with you." Her face dropped. "W-what?" She teared up. "I'm sorry... I like someone else." Tears rolled down her cheeks, I walk away to Chandler and her crew, making sure to flip my hair or something. I think that makes me cool.

I honestly didn't feel too bad, it was bound to happen. "Hey Y/N~" Chandler smiled, hugging me. "Hey Heather." I chuckled, kissing her cheek. I could tell Dunnstock saw that because she ran past us to sob in the bathroom or whatever. Veronica followed her but looked at me with the 'I understand, but that was still shitty.' face. "Hey, it's alright Y/N! You're with us now!" The bubbly Heather cheered. "Yup, and you're with me." Chandler smiled. God, it may only be 8th grade but I love this girl already.

WC; 297