Chapter 2 Rescue mission

Jess's POV

We were all on the helicopter. Jonas held me tight and I wasn't thinking about anything at all, I didn't have time to process the information I had learnt earlier today. My little sister was trapped with her crew below eleven thousand meters and possibly encountered the same or even worse situation that I had encountered with Jonas five years ago.

Jonas kept trying to comfort me, but I wasn't listened to anything. My mind just went blank on my way to Mana One. Jonas whispered to me, 'Hey, it's gonna be fine. We are both here to help Lori. She's gonna be fine, all of us.'

I hugged him and immersed myself in his arms. Jonas kept kissing me gently, which did make me felt better. But I was still in the shock.

The chopper landed and we walked towards the base really fast. And there were some guys coming towards us. A man and a woman to be exact.

The woman was hurried, 'sir, we got a new problem, it's your daughter. She took a glider to try and save them.' 'Why'd you let her go?' Dr Zhang sighed. 'Trust me, I didn't let her do anything.' The woman argued.

Jonas and I followed Mac, we walked really fast because we were both extremely worried about Lori. Since we knew whatever is down there, that would be as dangerous as we encountered five years ago, or even worse.

Jonas looked back and saw three of them were arguing, he asked Mac, 'Who are they?'

The man yelled, 'I am the guy who paid all these.'

The woman emphasized, 'I am the one who designed all these.'

We headed to the elevator as quickly as we could. Morris murmured with Dr Zhang and Jaxx, 'They look heroic and they walk fast but, they kind of got a negative attitude.'

I looked back and yelled, 'I could be even worse, get your ass down here, busy to save my sister.' I was anxious.

When we got in to the elevator, I asked 'what's the window?' Jaxx answered, 'it'll be close' By the time I wanted to ask for a few more details, the elevator arrived the Dive Control Level.

Jonas and I were about to step out of the elevator as Mac, Morris and Jaxx did, but Dr Zhang stopped us, 'Mac, have Dr Heller met us in the medical bay.' Jonas glanced at Mac, so did I. We bellowed at the same time, 'Heller?' I shouted, 'Really, Mac. Heller, what the fuck are you thinking?'

Mac turned and looked at us, 'did I not mention it to you two.' He faked a smile to us. I hated that look on his face, that's the least thing on earth I wanted to do, to meet Heller.

-The Medical Bay-

Heller was testing our blood pressure while we starring at each other, unfriendly. Heller glanced at Dr Zhang, 'they're in perfect shape.' Jonas answered sarcastically, 'just like the last time you examined us.'

Mac walked in the room, fast. 'Suyin took the glider fifteen minutes ago. She's planning on taking the Origin back up.' Both Jonas and I took off the meter on our arm, I stood up, 'there's no time, take us to the sub now.'

Heller stood up and said, 'We're not done here...' Jonas interjected, 'Yes, we are.' He threw the meter on the bed just like I did. I blurted, 'Lori is running out of air and I'm not going to waste time here with you. And most importantly, we're in the international waters which means legally, I can just beat you up and get away with it.'

Mac smiled and looked at Heller, 'it's true. Legally, I mean.'

We headed to the sub as soon as we can, Jonas took our backpack, and we were nearly running to the sub. Mac filled us up with some details, 'Ok, you two know that this sub is rated for twelve thousand meters, right?' I looked at Mac, 'Like the one leaking on the ocean floor? Yeah, thanks, I am acknowledged of that.'

We stopped in front of a red sub, we took a deep breath and took over some tools from Mac's hand. And I noticed that there were some words on the sub, Captain Bubbles, which was written with chalks, and looked like it's a kid's writing.