Chapter 8 Tracker 2

Jonas's POV

I kissed Jess and I was worried about her. I knew her, she would want to end this with her hands. But this was dangerous, I was just worried.

Jess's POV

I changed my diving suit, Mac handed me a tracker rifle. Jonas was checking on the reeling machine and buckled the rope for me. I got the rifle and Mac told me, 'the tracker rifle only has a hundred-feet range.' My eyes widened, stared at Mac, 'hundred feet?' Mac gave a 'sorry' look, 'get really close before you shoot.'

'That's a fucking megalodon, and I am gonna to get near it with hundred feet. Great!' I said sarcastically.

Jonas kissed me gently, 'I love you.' I kissed him back, 'see you in a bit!' and I winked. Jonas chucked and I jumped in the water. I swam towards to the meg as calm as possible, I heard Suyin said through the comms, 'Jess, sharks are attracted to panic motion. keep it nice and smooth.' I kept my motion as steady as I can, proceeding to the meg as calm as I could.

I was very sure that I should do this but now I felt a bit scared, swimming to an enormous killer shark sounds really stupid. I kept swimming, kept swimming and swimming. I got close enough to the meg but it didn't expose in the surface. I got down and tried to find out which direction it's at. I got back up and I saw it, I targeted its fin. I picked up the rifle, I shot its fin.

I heard Jaxx was yelling to Mac, 'Mac, the tracker is live.' Mac ordered, 'Great, reel her in DJ.' Jonas was looking worriedly at the direction of Jess at, and the rope started to pull me back. Suddenly, I heard Suyin shouted, 'stop, no vibration.'

DJ stopped reeling me in, but I saw the meg just changed its direction, opening its mouth and speeded up heading towards me. I had to admit, I was panic and it was insane. Jaxx said, 'Jess, it's coming at you.' Jonas snapped, 'damn, you think she didn't see that,' and at the same time I shouted, 'you think I didn't notice it is coming! start the boat, start the boat.'

Mac ran to the captain cabin and started the boat. DJ pulled me in and the boat had started sailing at its peak speed. I held the rope tight and the waves hit me hard. I can feel the shark was behind me, close.

Everyone was yelling and shouting and I can see Jonas's worried and angry look. The meg was too close, close enough tho make me feel I was gonna die in his mouth. But the rope pulled me into the deck, Jonas got me.

They let me lied on the deck, I was grunting heavily. I looked at Jonas's eyes, 'you were right, I should let you go.' Jonas laughed and rubbed my hair, kissing my lips passionately. I kissed him back as hard as I could, I was staring death in the face, he almost lost me and I almost lost him.

The meg got away when they pulled me. But that thing will not leave alive and that's all I know. It will only end up dead.

*Sorry guys, this chapter is rather shorter than the previous chapters. The update tomorrow will be longer.