Chapter 10

I looked over into his eyes and gave my response to him,
"Hell yeah! I'm ready!" I chuckled.
We shot our strings down and made a small bet.
"I bet you £100 that I'll get down first," Kuroo looked over at me.
"You wish," I laughed.
We both laughed as we pressed the button which pulled us both down.
We've been falling for about 3 minutes straight now, neither of us had said a word but we did have smirks smacked onto our faces.
"Hey. How deep is this hole?" I asked Kuroo.
Kuroo shrugged his shoulders,
"I don't know..maybe we're near the ground?" He responded.
As we continued to fall, I felt a something loose around my waist. At first I ignored it thinking it was my imagination to realising that my grappling hook was no longer attached to something on the ground.
My eyes widen as my heart thumps with panic, I grip onto the string I'm holding which will do no help for me.
Unable to speak, Kuroo reaches out his right arm and grabs my left arm. He pulls me as we're both falling down the endless hole, clutching me tightly onto his chest ensuring to not let go of me.
"I won't let go. And I never will," Kuroo quietly muttered to my ear.
I tilt my head up slightly so I'm able to see his eyes, they have a fierce yet comforting spark to them. Staring into  his eyes makes my soul feel at ease and made my heart thump at a normal pace.
I grip my hands as tightly as I could onto him, causing his suit blazer to crinkle around my hands.
He looked at me and released a small smile at me before looking back at the ground.
He dropped a penny out of his pocket to see how much longer we should be falling.
"We're not that far away from the ground. Hang on til we get there..kay?" He told me.
"Okay," I responded.
I closed my eyes and imagined that eventually I'll be good at doing these missions with Kuroo and that I won't be inexperienced.
"One day.." I quietly said as I released a small breath.