2. Lips Unused to Thee

Spencer pulled away, his hands remaining on your face. His breathing had picked up, and you felt the shallow sighs fan out against your face. His breath had the faintly sour scent of tequila, still present despite the time that had passed.

You raised a hand and cupped his jaw. You swiped your thumb against his lips, his tongue darting out in its wake.

You'd never seen Spencer like this: eyes half-lidded, lips pink and wet, a blush blooming on his cheeks. The fact that you were the cause of it caused heat to run through your body, pooling in your core.

Spencer's eyes squeezed shut, and he took a shaky breath, mumbling an "uh" as he pulled back farther. One hand dropped to his lap; the other fell to your shoulder, where he lightly gripped the spot between your neck and collarbone.

He huffed a laugh. "What, uh... what's happening?"

"I kissed you. You kissed me back."

"No, no--I mean, yes, you--just--" Another breathy laugh. "I'm sorry. My, uh--I'm a little distracted."

You leaned forward, your hands settling on each of his thighs and sliding higher. "Sorry. I'm probably not helping," you crooned.

His hands flew on top of yours and stopped them in their tracks, and you noticed just how big they were in comparison to yours. "Y/N, wait."

You paused.

"You--you're under the influence--I mean, we both are, to some degree--and I don't think you--"

You cut him off. "Reid, I'm an adult. I'm very aware of what I'm doing, and very in control of myself."

It was the truth. Yes, the bubbly feeling of ease that only came around because of a few drinks was present in your chest, but your mind was sharp. You were focused. And, for whatever fucking reason, all your attention was pinned on Dr. Spencer Reid.

It wasn't like you didn't find him attractive--quite the opposite. You'd always found him handsome, but he was your co-worker and friend. You never thought more of it. It was never a possibility.

But, in that moment, you wanted him. You needed him.

And you could tell that even as the tequila blurred the edges of his world, too, his genius brain was sharp and focused on you as well, that it wanted you, too.

His eyes flickered from yours, down to your lips, and then back up. His pupils were wide, his breathing still shallow, and you were certain that if you looked down at his lap, there would be another indication of his desire. His tongue swiped across his lips again.

Slowly, you rose on your knees and pushed him back against the couch cushion, straddling him. His hands instinctively settled on your hips. Yours, in turn, slid up his chest, over his shoulders, and then locked behind his neck, your fingers twirling the hair at the nape of his neck. His eyes fluttered shut.

"Reid," you murmured, "what do you want to happen here? Because I can think of a few things that might be fun."

His eyes remained closed, and a silence settled between you, only interrupted by the sounds of your breathing and the cars filtering in from the street outside. When his eyes opened, they revealed something new, something darker that you'd never seen in him before. Rather than answering you verbally, he raised one hand to cup your face again while the other snaked around your hips to grab your ass. He used the positioning to yank you towards him, crashing your mouth against his.

The kisses, which just a few moments prior were so sweet and careful, had turned more desperate. The hand on your face went to the back of your head, holding you close to him as you met him with the same fervor. Between your legs, you felt the evidence of his arousal pressing against you. You rocked against him.