Ch. 1: Truth and Heartbreak

Modern-Era

Y/N's point of view

*sitting under a tree* Why...why did it have to be this way...

why did it have to be this way

Why Akeno...was I not good enough for you...I suppose I wasn't, everything always seemed to good to be true...like I was living a false life.

*WARNING EXPLICIT*

It doesn't matter now...it all ends today. I looked down at my right hand and saw the 7 cut marks I made on it, but it didn't matter to me. The wound of betrayal cuts deeper than any mere knife could.

*flashback*

I had just come back from a shopping spree for Rias and her peerage. I've known them for a few years now and had been in close contact with them and even grew close to her brother Sirzerchs, who looked at me like a younger brother. Yes I was aware that they were devils, however something within in me made me willing to open up to them despite the fact that I was a human. Perhaps it was that they showed me just kindness, a kindness I haven't felt in years...especially Akeno. Akeno was always the one who nurtured and cared for me and eventually became my girlfriend. We've been dating for 2 years now and looking back at it, I feel nothing but blessed and happy so I decided that I would propose to her tonight after taking her out for dinner at a 5-star restaurant I booked for the night. I'd been saving up money over the past 9 months working three jobs so that I could afford her the most beautiful ring...one that was worthy of her and reflected her beauty, kindness, and care for others. After I had purchased the ring I headed back to the Hyoudou Mansion to drop off the supplies to Rias' delight after seeing my dressed up in a nicely-fitted tuxedo.

 After I had purchased the ring I headed back to the Hyoudou Mansion to drop off the supplies to Rias' delight after seeing my dressed up in a nicely-fitted tuxedo

Rias: My, my someone's sure dressed nice for the occasion. Who's the lucky lady?

Y/N: Come on don't tease me Rias, plus you already know who it is.

Rias: *chuckles* I know it's just funny seeing you get all flustered.

Y/N: *pouts*

Rias: *chuckles even more*

Y/N: Anyways is Akeno almost ready, I want to make sure we get the best seats on the balcony where we can see the stars illuminate in the Night Sky.