14

" So the princess returns to sit on her pedestal. "

I made up fruit for this chapter lmaOO

--

The soft ringing of bells and murmurs of people around filled the atmosphere for the market. It was somewhat a busy day in the market. Well it was the weekend, of course there would be more people out and about. It was noon. The sun was shining brightly in the sky, there were no clouds shielding those under the sun. They were all getting soaked and baked.

(Y/n) stood beside her two friends, Gon and Killua, in their hands were bags filled with groceries that her uncle was going to bring home. The girl would go home too but she had places to go. She just figured that she could help her uncle around with his shopping before they actually depart from the small town. A hum leaves the girl as she looked at the various fruits and vegetable that were laid in display. She watches her uncle pick from the variety of food in front of her. She spares her friends a glance, finding that they were interested in what the juice vendor was selling.

Mutter words in a language that both (Y/n) and her Uncle Ricardo spoke, the older male handed her some jenny so that they could treat themselves while they're helping him out with carrying bags. With the bags still in her hand, the girl walked to where her friends were looking at. She spares them a smile before she calls them over to get some juice.

"Where are we headed?" Gon asked tilting his head to the side. The only response that he got from the girl was a smile. They followed her to where there were jugs of different juices. The black haired boy's eyes brighten at the sight before he spared a glance to his friend. He was feeling a little giddy about getting treats at the market. The juices didn't look like anything he's drank before, but then again the exports landing in whale island were a little different than the mainlands in the known world.

There were different colors of drinks, from pinks to whites to blues. There seemed to be a juice for every color of the rainbow. Were they just colored like that or was that just...food coloring. Food coloring..was tasteless right? The boy wasn't too sure about his thoughts. Then again..he doesn't really his trust his thoughts whenever it's about something he doesn't really know well.

Gon made it obvious that he was starting to think too hard about the coloring of the juices. Eventually he gives up on everything and just waits for his friends to call him over so that he picks a juice from each one. Killua kept his eyes on the jugs, his eyes looking at each sign that were attached to the plastic container. There were fruits such as mangalins, banalys, stromph berries, the regions favorite sour-luck citrines.

Something caught Killua's eye. It was a drink that was color a light teal color. He was a little surprised that a fruit was able to make such a color. What was the juice's name again? Lilireen? Weird. Well..then again he wasn't too familiar with fruits or vegetables or anything like that. He was, however, an expert in chocolates...especially his favorite choco-robots. Speaking of those little treats..some vendor must sell them here. This was an all purpose market right? There's bound to be some sweets here.

"So..which ones are we gonna pick?" (Y/n) asked, smiling. She already tried these before. The tastes of these juices were different because they had mixes of different fruits. Sour-luck citrines had a similar taste to lemonade, though it was a little more on the sweet side rather than the sour side. There was no added sugar as usually sour-luck, when picked at the right time, is usually very sweet.

Lilireen had a similar taste to blueberries, but their brighter color makes them very distinct. They had a certain punch to them whenever someone eats them by itself. It's part of another family of fauna, one that usually is poisonous. Lilireen, however, has a mild poison. A high dosage of lilireen by itself would be..very harmful. Which is why juices are extracted from the small, hand sized fruits, only bits of it were mixed in with water and sugar.