16

" We need a little more time. "

--

(Y/n) leans back, sitting on a bench to her liking as she watched the tv screen that was a few meters away from her. Silently she sipped her drink, feet swinging back and forth as she kept her eyes stuck on the screen of color. She was impressed by how her friends were getting by in the tower. Jeez what floor were they on now? Floor ninety-something. The nen user can't remember what, nor was she even paying attention. With the steady flow of income coming in, it was hard to focus on anything else.

The rush of getting more money was getting to her head, it made the girl wonder if this is what her father felt when he was in this tower. The old man didn't seem like the type but..perhaps at the start. No no, she shouldn't think ill of her father. The things that her uncle told her proved a theory different than the one she had in her mind. Papa would have been here for the thrill of fighting people, not just the money.

Even if (Y/n) was focused on the tv screen, she knew what was going on around her. People stared at her as if she was some sort of anomaly, which..she actually is to the regulars in the area. Some even tried to approach her but they would step back soon after. She didn't spare them a glance, nor did she mind their presence, they just..stepped off. Fortunately for her, no one has asked for her autograph, nor did the press enter the building to come looking for her.

There was a handful of people that tried to talk to her, though they were met with short responses like "Sure, that's me," and "Yeah, no thanks." A few asked for her autograph as they recognized her, due to her complicated past with the tower. She hesitantly complied, though, it was..more of a rushed signature than the fancy ones.

Other than small interactions with fighters in the building, nothing too eventful happened with the girl when she's alone. People knew to back off and away, as they should. Frankly, she just..doesn't really want to talk to people right now. The ones that could strike a conversation with her all the time were Gon and Killua. Maybe Zushi can pitch in a few ideas here and there, but she won't really..outright talk to him just yet.

(Y/n) stood up from her seat as soon as she saw that both Killua and Gon had finished their fights. She dusted the seat she was on, making sure the next person to sit there was comfortable with it, before leaving the hallway. She tossed her drink in a bin that was place parallel to her direction. She knew better than to leave trash out in the hallways. The girl had respect for the workers here and she doesn't want to give them a hard time.

Both the black haired male and the albino were in view, walking from different exits. They talked to each other, speaking of how their fights went, before they spotted a familiar friend walking in the distance. There was a smile on Gon's face as he sped up in (Y/n)'s direction, Killua follow closely. Not everyone could tell but the short lived smile that was on the albino's face was bright. It was easy to tell that they were happy to see each other.

"You know how many times the announcer says compliments to you guys?" (Y/n) giggled, her hands lightly patting her friends' shoulders, "I've lost count on how many times I've heard 'Gon goes again with his powerful shove' or 'Killua's back again with his lightly fast chop!'"

Killua looked at his friend, snickering to himself. "I think we have a fan, Gon."

Gon looked to his friend, standing in the middle. His auburn eyes watch as a giggle leaves the female's mouth. "I think we're all fans of each other, Killua."

"Yeah!" (Y/n) chirped, "We gotta support each other ya know! Through thick and thin! We gotta have each other's back!" The girl lightly patted their backs. Her hands retreat to grab the straps of her backpack. Soft humming leaves the female teen as she looked at her friends, smiling. "We should head to the counter to get our goods. I'm sure we've earned enough to get something good for us. I can probably buy something for my uncle once we start to go outside."