19

" Blinded by my own confidence. "

--

Today had been any regular day. Maybe except for the fact that now Gon's arm has now fully healed rather than broken. It had only been a few weeks, maybe nearing a month since the boy had gotten that injury and here he is now. He's springing like a jumping bean with just one hand. How Gon managed to heal that quick was beyond (Y/n)'s understanding. Might it had been because they had been meditating? The girl knew that nen had healing properties, but that's only when a nen user has a transmission or enhancer ability.

Wait...Gon is an enhancer. Okay maybe the girl was overthinking things again.

There the two perfectly healthy nen users sat on chairs that were in the patient's room. (Y/n) had sat in the most comfortable position she could think of while Killua was sitting with legs open and his elbows propping his upper body up. He was leaning, tickets waving in his hand. He had bought just enough and with the help of (Y/n)'s contribution. The white haired male was hoping that they would all be able to see Hisoka's fight today. They were told that it was going to be a special one, especially since Hisoka sacrifices his losses to meet up with this person named Kastro.

That name seems really familiar, honestly. Might it be because the girl has already heard of this man before? Perhaps, but it can also be because fighter names weren't really uncommon to hear in the 200th floors.

While Killua breaks the news to Gon that they would be attending Hisoka's newest fight, (Y/n) sat there with a smile on her face. She chimed in whenever she could. She wanted to add on to some points of the conversation, bringing up more about Hisoka's bouts. He had lost enough to make sure that he's left with one more strike. He has enough wins. From a surveyor's perspective, the man has a plan. It was obvious that the bubblegum haired magician did. Hisoka is confident that he'll win the fight if he sacrificed that many loses to fight this single person.

The girl was left sitting with her thoughts until she had been called by her friends to stand up.

"Thinking about stuff again?" Killua asked. His hands shoved themselves in his pockets, his head tilting to the side. Gon could be seen doing the same thing, except one of his arms were suspended by a cloth. Even if it was completely unnecessary for the arm.

"Maybe she is," Gon added, " You aren't thinking about your aunt again are you?"

Her aunt? Honestly since she's been mostly indoors and meditating, she never really thought about her aunt. It's almost like that cruel old woman didn't exist to her for a full month. It was...completely astonishing for the girl to hear about her old relative. The baffled look on the girl's face answered for her, but just in case, she had to say things too.

"I thought about Hisoka and Kastro. I never really...thought about my aunt recently. Maybe that's a good sign that I'm getting a little more confident about my protection. I doubt that she'll forget about me, but I can't be sure if she hasn't given up yet." A short laugh would leave the female before she moved strands of her hair away from her face. "She would have gotten tired, seeing as I have company around. I don't think she's even free right now. It's the day, she's probably busy doing something else. We should be fine now."

The realization doesn't change the fact that the woman wasn't a threat, but the girl was confident about her speculations on her aunt. She fails to remember that the older woman was persistent, had resources to capture her, and she'll eventually be put in her place. What are the chances right now though? Super low.

"If that's what you say," Killua sighed, "Come on. The arena's probably gonna set up the matches now. These tickets help us get the front seats so we won't have any problems squinting." He was the first to leave the room with (Y/n) being the last. She had to close the door to spare her friend the trouble. He only has one hand at his disposal right now, despite the fact the other is working just fine.