6. Left alone in the world

Vellia : "No one can sell this house without my permission! This house is mine and the title Baron Ferrington is mine. No one can never have it without my permission!"

Tears started to pour down on my face. Everything that had supported me felt like it has collapsed. I was mortified. Raging emotion surged deep in my heart.

Maid : "Ah, if you have something to say, don't do this here."

Vellia : "I think so too. I will, so get out of my house. This is mine."

Maid : "Ha, there's a crazy woman who come here and talk to me."

The maid looked at me in distress and turned into the mansion. Then she started calling for someone.

Maid : "Bern, Bern!"

At her call, a sturdy build man walked out of the mansion. Looking at the clothes that the man was wearing, he seemed to be a servant working in this mansion like the maid. They seemed to intend to drive me out by force. But I couldn't back down either.

If I step back, it seemed like I would lose everything I had so far.

No, maybe I've lost everything.

Vellia : ". . . hiks, I told you that it's mine."

I lose the strength on my leg and fell down to the floor, but still holding the door with my hand as hard as I can. There was nowhere else to go except this house. I had nothing in my hands except the simple things I had packed for the interview.

Vellia : "Hiks, mother."

I missed my mother so bad. I wanted to complain to my mother about my sisters. But now, there was no one to listen to my worries and no one would reach out to me.

Maid : "Bern, get rid of that woman before the Mistress came."

The maid I had been talking to a while ago pointed at me with her finger.

Servant : "Who is it?"

Maid : "I don't know, a crazy woman."

Servant : "I see."

A servant named Bern strode forward and tried to forces me, who squatting in front of the gate. His hand was about to touch my shoulder when there was an unexpected male voice from behind.

Jer : "Stop right there."

The sudden voice drew the attention of everyone, including me, to turn to the direction the voice came from.

In the back stood a man wearing a white robe. It was the alchemy professor at the Khamar Academy who wanted to experiment with me.

Jer : "Don't touch my precious speciment."

The servant who was trying to pull me up, asked tilting his head at the word.

Servant : "Who are you?"

Jer : "Me? The Khamar Academy alchemy professor."

At his words the servant frowned and opened his mouth again.

Servant : "I don't care about that, now go away..."

Jer : "Will you do it if I tell you I was Marquess Fredhoff?"

Servant : "!"

The words 'Marquess Fredhoff' got the servant and the maid widen their eyes. I was also surprised by the unexpected identity of him.

Marquess Fredhoff was famous for his great contribution for the Valkanus Empire. And I heard that the current Marquess was a prodigy, but I didn't know that he was working in the academy as the alchemy professor.