23. If we meet again

Ever since I found out the monster in Jer's laboratory, my mind was complicated. It seemed like a great deal to me that there was still one monster left who I thought were all dead.

Vellia : '...I want to have a proper conversation.'

At first, I didn't know that I was talking to a monster, but not again. There were so many questions I wanted to ask them.

Vellia : 'I only met them throught the door, so why did they call me Queen?'

They didn't see my face and didn't know who I was. I just talked a few words, and it was amazing that the monster also called me Queen.

Vellia : 'I'll find out...if we meet again.'

If I could meet the monster again, I could ask them directly.

Now, the question was how to meet the monster.

Judging from what I've heard, it was clear that the monster was chained up and that they were forced to stay there, given the sound of chains.

At one point, I was lucky to be able to talk with the monster, but it was not easy for me to be alone again in Jer's laboratory. In particular, there will be a limit of time for having conversation outside the closed door like last time. I will soon be caught by people and I will not be able to tall properly.

I also had to open the iron door where the monster was trapped... it was impossible to know what kind of situation the monster in, so even if I were to enter it, an unexpected situation could occur. And in the worst case, I had to prepare myself for what would happen if Jer found out that I was trying to approach the monster.

Vellia : 'I'm gonna get into a big trouble...'

But I couldn't ignore the monster.

UnknownAnybody here? Is anybody here?

That day, I remembered the lonely voice of the monster's shouting. I was the only one who could hear the monster's voice now.

Vellia : 'Let's think about anything else later. First I must have a proper conversation with the monster.'

In a way, it was a hasty decision that wasn't like me, but I wanted to talk to the last remaining monster in the Khamar Academy.

From that day on, I began to carefully observe Jer's laboratory, which I had been in and out without thinking. The time for people to leave work, the location where they put the keys, etc.

However, there were more than a few things to worry about.

Vellia : 'If I open the iron door and enter, then talk with the monster, can I get out again without leaving any traces?'

Suddenly, I wondered if I could get someone's help so I could talk to the monster.

I was reminded of Theansys, but I shook my head quickly. There was no excuse if I were to be caught by guards for this. Theansys could not be brought into such dangerous thing.

Vellia : 'I have to do it myself.'

It was what I wanted, so it's only right for me to take the consequences on my own.

It was when I was firmly determined my heart, there's a knock on the pharmacy room door. It was a man wearing an academy staff uniform that I've only seen for the first time.

Vellia : "Who are you?"

Staff : "I'm from the Personnel Department. Since you haven't worked for a month, your salary has been calculated from the days you worked. Please check it out."