10. Lady, who the hell are you?

I was in the arms of Theansys and we're finally able to reach his quarters in the Khamar Academy. I had already been there, so I knew that it was still inside the academy, but the distance between the warehouse and Theansys' accommodation was quite far.

However, the reason I was able to arrive so quickly was purely because Theansys' speed was incredibly fast. It would have been a surprise, but I just had a shock so great that it felt insignificant. 

I gazed down at the monster's green blood on my palm.

Vellia : 'Because of me... they're dead.'

I thought it was just a monster. All I ever knew was that monsters lived in the Taran Forest. The warehouse was full of monsters I had never even seen what they looked like, other than the one attacked me at the Khamar Academy last time.

The monsters I've seen for the first time in my life in the warehouse, threw themselves to save me. When the explosion started and the warehouse collapsed, they surrounded me with no hesitation and ended up being crushed by the huge debris. Even when the warehouse was engulfed in flames, no one tried to save themselves, instead  they still surrounded me and blocked me from the hot flames with their body. 

They kept shouting like this.

Monsters : "Queen. It's our Queen!"

The earnest cry was still ringing clearly in my ears. I didn't understand. I am still very confused.

Vellia : 'Why the hell did they call me queen?'

[ 🐰 : That's what we wanted to know too  ]

Vellia : "Ah..."

My chest felt heavy. I don't know how this happened, but it breaks my heart to witness their sacrifice in person. I still remember their longing eyes looking at me. I couldn't forget that the monsters saved my life. It felt like I owed them a lot.

Theansys : "Bring me a cup of hot tea."

When I looked up at the voice that I heard suddenly, I saw Theansys. When I realized it, there was Emily too, the maid I met when I met when I passed out a while ago.

Emily : "Yes, Duke."

Emily replied and disappeared quickly. It wasn't until we arrived in his room that Theansys carefully dropped me on the chair and asked me seriously.

Theansys : "Are you okay? If you have any injuries, just tell me. I will call the doctor."

Vellia : "No, it's okay. I... am not hurt."

Thanks to the monsters, I survived without a scratch. So, on the other hand, it felt like that this situation was absurd and unreal. Maybe I couldn't get over the shock when I saw so many monsters dying in front of my eyes.

Theansys, as if he noticed my condition, slowly said.

Theansys : "First, calm your mind by drinking the cup of hot tea."

He also took off his jacket that he was wearing because he sweats on the way here. Then naturally, sat in the chair opposite of me.

Knock, knock. 

Just in time, I heard Emily's voice with a knock from outside.

Emily : "Duke, I've brought the tea."

Theansys : "Come in."

When Theansys already given his permission, Emily entered the room and put the teacup down on the table.