The Underground Ball

Apparently custom tailored clothing is expensive, but worth it. The suits the boys had made for the ball looked amazing on them, they fit like a glove and were lined with bullet proof fabric. They also had pockets everywhere for weapons and Such. Hisoka wore beautiful black heels.

My dress was expensive too, it was long and twirled amazingly, it had a slit in the skirt so I could move easily. It was sleeveless for more use of skin for my nen ability.

The underground ball was held in a beautiful mansion with a gigantic ballroom, it had a mezzanine looking over the room. The people were nicely dressed and all leaking bloodlust. It was intense just standing in the room, no one was allowed to kill people who weren't dancing, along with those who are not dancing kill those who are dancing. This is to avoid outside help between partners.

I was losing confidence by the second, all the people there looked like such beautiful dancers. But nevertheless I had to keep faith in my partners.

"Don't be nervous we'll keep you safe~" Hisoka cooed speaking in my ear. His breath was warm against my ear it sent shivers down my spine.

"Thanks Hisoka. But I'm more worried about the other dancers." I explained.

"In what way? Afraid we'll kill them?" Hisoka asked smirking at the thought of killing everyone in the room.

"No, I'm afraid they're better dancers." I sunk into myself feeling self conscious, I don't usually show much skin.

Illumi noticed my uncomfortable demeanor, he placed his suit coat over my shoulders. "Just until the dancing begins."

"Thanks Illumi!" I hugged him thanking him for the kind gesture.

"No fair I was enjoying the view~" Hisoka smirked.

"So was the rest of the room." Illumi informed him which seemed to flip a switch in Hisoka making him radiate strong bloodlust.

"I have first dance." Hisoka was honestly kind of scary.

"Attention ladies and gentlemen and non binary friends! We will now begin the first dance! The prize will be a one of a kind jasmine ruby sapphire! For those who wish to participate in this dance please grab your partner and move towards the center of the room! This dance will be a foxtrot to the song Fly Me To The Moon."

I looked to Hisoka who gave me a simple nod, he extended his arm and I took it walking to the center of the room.

"Have trust in me, let your body be an extension of mine and follow my lead. I won't let anyone hurt you so you don't have to worry about that~" Hisoka smiled a closed eye smile pulling me closer to him getting into proper dance stance.

His hand on my back was gentle but firm. The song began and so did the dance. At the beginning we stumbled a little getting in sync with each others movements, but once we had it we danced all over the room.

He was the perfect lead, avoiding others and their obstacles. Several tried to attack us but all of them fell to the strange dance of Hisoka Morow.

"Tell me about yourself y/n, who was your mother?" Hisoka asked continuing to lead the foxtrot.

"My mother was a pro hunter. She hunted for talent and I was never good enough no matter what I did." I answered his question.

Hisoka twirled me making me avoid a dagger going for my back. He then threw two cards killing the assailant.

"Interesting~ honestly I thought this ball would bring along stronger opponents, what a turn off." His words were strange to me and I didn't understand them.