The Beginning Of A Choice

It was time for us all to go back to Illumi's estate and I was dragging my feet. I didn't want to go.

"I'm sorry." Hisoka pat my head as we walked to an airport.

"We travel a lot." I said with a solemn face.

"I apologize y/n, I'll be there to protect you." Illumi apologized.

"It's ok, I understand why we have to go. I just don't like your mom." I looked down at my feet feeling bad for making a big deal about it.

"I won't leave you alone with her." Illumi promised as he went to buy the tickets.

"Besides you'll have me there too~" hisoka tried to cheer me up.

"You're right! I should just calm down and accept this, it won't matter because I'll have you guys! Plus I want to see Mike again." I faked a cheery attitude trying to lighten the mood.

"That's better!" Hisoka smiled at me.

Soon Illumi returned with the tickets and we boarded the airship.

It was a nice ride, as always. After the airship we took a bus and soon arrived at Kukuroo mountain.

The familiar gate stood in front of me as I released a deep breath. Throughout the entire trip the boys stuck to my side trying to ease my nerves and comfort me.

Illumi looked at me as if looking for an 'ok' to continue, I nodded and he pushed open the gate.

Now on the Zoldyck property my anxiety skyrocketed. All I could think about was my mom, I was having ptsd from my childhood.

Mike smelling the familiar scent he came running to greet us, smiling at the giant creature I went to pet him. Which was greatly received.

Much like last time Mike took me prisoner and took me to the estate, while the boys followed closely behind.

Arriving at the mansion I clung onto Mike as the doors opened revealing the one person I hoped to avoid this trip. Kikyo Zoldyck.

"Illumi!" She yelled at her son as he made it to the house. "What took you so long getting here?! I called for you to come home days ago!"

"I'm sorry mother, I had some complications." He apologized and his mother sighed. All while this was going on I slid down Mike and Hisoka caught me helping me land on the ground.

"Thanks!" I whispered to him with a smile, I was glad that in this situation I had two amazing people here for me.

The air was quite tense from miss Zoldycks yelling. I felt awkward and coward behind Hisoka. I wanted to help Illumi but it wasn't my place.

Miss Zoldyck's head slowly turned my way before her face lit up with a smile. "You brought the girl back with you! Oh I'll have so much fun dressing you up again! You know I always wanted a daughter but never got one." She began her strut towards me and I flinched latching onto Hisoka's shirt.

I was scared, I didn't want her near me. My body started to shake which didn't go unnoticed by Hisoka or Illumi.

"Mother stop. You won't be playing dress up this time, y/n will be staying by my side this entire visit." Illumi grabbed ahold of his mother's arm stopping her advances on me.

"Does that mean that perhaps, you've found you're future wife finally?" His mother seemed a bit pissed that her son had stopped her. "I deny this girl the blessing of marrying you, she doesn't deserve being called a Zoldyck, all she could ever be used for is a concubine or dressing doll!"

I buried my face into Hisoka's back. Why was Illumi's mom such a bitch?

Illumi wouldn't stand his mother's words and for once stood against her. "That is not the intentions of me coming home mother, I am here to talk to father not you. Now if you would excuse us we will be doing that now." Illumi grabbed me from behind Hisoka and held me close as he walked me inside, Hisoka following close behind with a smirk at Illumi's actions.

We all met up with Illumi's father and they had a discussion about a job or something, I wasn't really paying attention.

After that we were all called to dinner by the butlers. There was an awkward silence in the air, it wasn't very pleasant to be sitting in a room of trained assassins with tension.

The one person I didn't want to break the silence did. "Illumi, we need to talk about you getting married. It needs to happen soon, so since you're not marrying y/n then I forbid you from ever seeing her again, she's  just a distraction from work!" Illumi's mother spoke up making Hisoka choke on his drink, he covered it up nicely so no one else noticed.

"Your mother is right Illumi, y/n shows promise so if you want to be with her you have my blessing. But if not she needs to go." The tension in the room continued to grow at Silva's words.

"It has yet to be discussed." Was all Illumi said to rebuttal his parents.

"Then discuss it." His mother hissed.

"This involves more then just me and y/n currently, it will not be discussed at the table." The room was becoming suffocating at this point, I stood up from my chair and walked out of the room without another word. I didn't want to be talked about like I wasn't even there.

Hisoka followed me with a mischievous smirk. "Can't take the bloodlust?"

"I can't take being here Hisoka, it has nothing to do with the bloodlust." I responded as Illumi walked into the room we were in.

"I'm sorry y/n, we need to talk. All of us." Illumi walked over to Hisoka and I. "We can't all run around anymore like promised, you need to make a decision. It's either Hisoka
or I."

————————————————————————
Word count 1000

Sorry this took so long to write, I've kind of fallen out of love with hxh so I've lost almost all motivation to finish this, that doesn't mean I don't think hxh is a good show because I do and I still love the show it's just that I can't stay on one thing forever.

The decision chapters probably won't be very long because they don't need to be and need variation, also motivation. If you get tired of waiting like if I disappear again just message me or comment it helps with the motivation and I'll get them finished as soon as possible!

I'll post them all at the same time so you can choose which one you want!