3

The following Friday, three days later, we went on another date.

"Are you going to take me to Walmart again?" I asked as I slid in the front seat of Harry's car. I heard him chuckled as he closed the door and came around to get in.

"As much as I know you want to, no, we are not going to Walmart again," he answered, pulling his seatbelt on as I followed suit.

"Okay, so where are we going?" I asked as he pulled out of my driveway.

"Are you always this inquisitive?"

"Actually, yes. I like to know if you plan to murder me with an axe or not." I replied.

Harry laughed. "I can assure you, I'm not going to murder you with an axe."

I smiled. "That's always good to hear."

"Mmhm," he hummed, staring intently out the window as the rain came down. You could always trust Ohio to follow the stereotype for April; constant rain and wind with seldom dry days.

When the car finally came to a stop, the rain had lightened to a soft drizzle. I looked out the windshield at the small store in front of us.

"What are we doing here?" I asked, looking at the big sign that read 'Gently used books & records'

"We are going to find the most interesting book we can and the most intriguing cover on a CD and buy them. Then we will listen to the CDs and I'll read the book you found, and you'll read mine. Then we discuss," he grinned, proud of his unique idea.

I had to admit, this date was cute as well as the last one. I smiled at him and found myself leaning across the console to kiss his cheek. "That's brilliant," I said softly.

"If this gets me a kiss on the cheek, what do I need to do for a real kiss?"

I giggled and gently grabbed his chin, leaning forward again to press our lips together. "Just ask."

Harry chuckled softly. "Good to know," he muttered before kissing my nose and climbing out of the car to open my door for me.

Once inside the small shop, I was in awe. Rows and rows of old vinyl records, CDs, books and other old band merchandise lined the store. "Wow," I whispered.

Harry nodded from beside me. "Yeah. Definitely wow." he agreed.

I scanned the rows of CDs, looking at all the faded covers.

Harry meandered off toward the bookshelves, looking closely over the titles on the bind.

We ended up leaving the store with two books and seven CDs, me opting for more music than books. I liked to read but music was better.

"So, I say, we call for takeout, pick it up on our way back and you come hang out in my apartment and we listen to our CDs and read our books. Sound like a plan?" He suggested as he pulled away from the store.

Harry glanced at me before turning his attention back to the road, reaching over to grab my hand in his. "Yeah. Sounds good," I smiled.

I had accepted the fact that I wasn't dying and the chances of me dying were even more slim now. I was more comfortable around Harry now with these thoughts in my head.

I followed Harry into his apartment, carrying our bag of music and books. Although I had read many books, the one Harry picked out happened to be one of the few that I hadn't read, but heard of many times; Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I had picked out a newer book for Harry to read; Eleanor and Park.

Harry sat the boxes of hot wings on his counter and turned to me. "So this is it," he announced, extending his arms around him. "Welcome to my humble abode."

Flashes {h.s.}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें