chapter four

owen was not doing okay. first, the fall and all of the pain and recovery that had happened to him. second, chimera torturing him only to find him useful to their cause. third, him becoming integrated into chimera almost unwillingly, although that soon changed. fourth, finding that curt was the spy he was going against on his latest mission. finally, curt shooting him in the knee instead of the head. couldn't curt see he'd been in enough pain?

owen heard the door shut and opened his eyes to find himself alone. he finally let himself cry. it was probably the first time since the fall that he had actually cried. he sobbed awful, loud, heaving cries.

it took a while for owen to stop crying, but when he did, he felt slightly ashamed. why was he breaking down now of all times? he was stuck with his ex-lover in a safe house. owen knew that curt likely wouldn't do anything to hurt him further. so why was he so panicked about being here?

owen couldn't answer that question before he heard the door being opened again. he tried to lift his head to see who it was, but he wasn't able to lift it enough. soon enough, curt came around the side of his bed, carrying a small plate of food. it looked like a sandwich and a handful of crisps.

curt set down the plate of food before coming over to help owen move into a sitting position. owen glared at him the entire time but allowed the other man to help him regardless. once owen was situated, curt looked at him questioningly, silently contemplating something. he eventually decided and pulled a key out of his pocket.

curt unlocked one handcuff, latching it onto the bedpost. he moved to the table and handed the plate of food to owen. then he left, leaving owen alone to eat in silence.

***

curt sat in his room on his bed. he was alone, thinking in silence. too many thoughts were swirling around in his head.

did he do the wrong thing? should he have killed owen instead? curt knows what owen's stance is on the matter. owen wishes that he was dead instead of practically helpless due to a wounded knee.

he thinks he did the right thing, but nothing he comes up with feels like it is.

curt just wants to know what owen feels for him.