Author's Note and Introduction

Cover designed by NoelleThorne

Welcome Reader,

Thank you for reading my very first story after an incredibly long hiatus - from what I can find, the last story I posted online was back in 2012 when I wrote as MistyRose14 on fictionpress.com. After a whopping eight (I know, right?!) years away, I discovered Chapters Interactive and after reading several of their app-provided and user-submitted stories, I was inspired to write my own. Keep in mind, this was in the middle of working 50-60 hours a week as a pharmacy resident during the beginning of the COVID pandemic...

This story was originally submitted as a "TapTales" story, meaning the app user would tap along the screen to advance text and dialogue bubbles on the screen. As such, the flow of this story may be different than what you're used to - there is much less description for main characters, as we had the ability to add an avatar photo for each text bubble. The fun thing about this format, is that you can focus on things like suspense (as the reader can only see plot points and dialogue as they tap) and I was able to really dig into the plot much quicker than I was used to.

This story will be edited to follow a more traditional format, with some minor edits to add clarity (some key images will still remain!). I am excited to bring the entire story here first, before I go back for any major edits in the future. If the story is expanded and edited, I will clearly denote it in the title!

Without further ado, please enjoy some "original" character images from the TapTales version (I do not own any of the images in this story, most are stock photos), and I sincerely hope you enjoy reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Sincerely,

Michele

Character Avatars: