Chapter One: Destined?

Present Day

Bzzzz bzzzz bzzzz

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Bzzzz bzzzz bzzzz.

"Ugh."

I blindly felt around my bedsheets for my phone. Finally, I grasped onto it and swiped up on the screen to answer the call. "Yes?" I tried to croak out a semi-decent answer, just in case it was someone from work calling.

"Hey, girl! Are you still able to come with me to the service today?" Val's voice greeted my sleepy ears.

I opened one eye and peeked at the time. 10:45 AM. "Yeah. It's later this afternoon, right?"

"Yes, sleepyhead. Service starts at 3 PM. You have the location?"

"I have it."

"Good. Wear something conservative, but not too stuffy. I'm thinking drinks and dinner when we're done?"

"Sure."

"Ok. Sometimes this side of the family reeeaaallly drives me to drink."

I laughed lightly, rolling over and cuddling further into my covers. The early rays of sunlight felt so comforting on my skin.

"So I'll text you in a few hours. I know how deep of a sleeper you can be..."

"Gee, thanks 'mom'."

"We both know I'm never the mom in this friendship!"

"Just let me have this." I could feel my grumpy woken up side coming on.

"Fine, fine. I know you'll be less grouchy when you get some coffee in you!"

"I'm on it..." I heard my coffee maker start to brew in the kitchen. The smell of warm coffee with vanilla and hazelnut would soon be wafting into my bedroom.

"Ok, I've got my real mom calling me now, so I'll talk to you later!"

"Bye." I hung up and rolled out of bed, shuffling across my fluffy bedroom rugs to the kitchen. I took a stray scrunchie off of my collection of clips and ponytails sequestered on a corner of my kitchen counter and tied my hair into a lazy bun. Next, I reached for a fresh mug to fix my coffee and pulled a yogurt out of the fridge.

Once I had my breakfast all set, I turned on my Bluetooth radio in the background. I started to sip my coffee and browse my email on my laptop at the kitchen table, feeling my neurons firing sluggishly.

My phone buzzed quickly and I glanced down to see Val's text.

Val: [Thanks again for coming with me today. You really didn't have to.]

Elodie: [We're practically family. I mean, I didn't really know your Aunt Edna, but I'm happy to be there for you and your parents.]

Val: [Thanks, girl :)]

Elodie: [How's your mom?]

Val: [She's ok. Aunt Edna used to watch her as a kid, so she's pretty heartbroken.]

Fated to Fall for You (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें