14

Today is the big day...

We were all in the field waiting on the Volturi to show up. I was standing in between Carlisle and Edward in my human form keeping my eyes towards the forest line in front of us. Slowly the mass of black cloaks broke the tree line and didn't stop until they met us half-way... As I scanned the crowd, I saw Irina being held behind the one person that I haven't seen in years...

I heard Carlisle and Aro speaking but my mouth spoke before my brain caught up...

"Caius, sei davvero tu?!" (Caius, is that really you?) Thank you grams for the mandatory Italian lessons!

"Piccolo fiore?!" (Little flower?) I couldn't help my excitement and ran to him. I didn't get close to him before someone or ones grabbed my arms, keeping me from going any further. When I went to turn and rip their arms off I couldn't believe my eyes...

"Fel?! Dem?! Nessuno di voi riesce a lavorare telefono più?" (Fel?! Dem?! Neither of you can work an phone anymore?)They looked shocked before the recognition set in...

"Victoria?! You're pregnant?"

"The one and only! You know, for one of you being a tracker, I thought that you would at least be able to find me once I missed my annual summer trip... And yeah, with twins at that..."

"Fiore, how are you involved in this? What caused you to miss your trip? How's Diana?"

"She passed a few years ago and it didn't feel right to go back without her... As for why I'm here, you know that I could never let a child come to harm under my watch... Half vampire or not, the child has done nothing wrong."

"But how did you become wrapped up in this world?"

"Really Caius? Did you really think that I wouldn't piece together the obvious? The cold skin... Not coming out in the sun... Not to mention how you three could lift me like it was nothing... And I'm not exactly light..."

"You always were too observant for your own good..." Caius actually laughed at that and the guard froze at the sound.

"Are you quite finished brother, or are we interrupting?" oops...

As I gave Caius one last hug, I told him that I would call him after this was all over. When I returned to the Cullens side, everyone was giving me strange looks. I just shrugged as I took a spot next to Ness but away from Bella... I may love Renesmee, but I will never like Bella because all she does is start trouble and expects everyone else to clean up the mess... I felt her pull on my sleeve wanting me to pick her up which I did happily, being careful of my growing belly, and I felt her hand rest on my cheek.

"Is he a friend of yours, Auntie Vicky?"

"Yes, he is little one... An old friend that I haven't seen in years... Would you like a piece of candy to help your nerves?"

"Yes please!" I pulled out a Hershey kiss and gave it to her. She giggled as she ate it and snuggled into my side while Carlisle and Edward talked with Aro... I tensed up when he said that he wanted to meet her. I looked at her to see if she was ok to do so and she reluctantly nodded yes. I carried her while Bella walked beside us because I didn't want her in harms' way... I knew full well what Aro is capable of and I refuse to have her be any closer than she needed to be.

As he took notice of her, he cackled... This s.o.b. actually cackled. He must be more messed up in the head than I thought...

"I hear her strange heart..." That statement alone had me tighten my hold on her. His gaze flicked from her to me at my action.