Good morning.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

You wake up to the sound of your alarm going off. You pull off the covers of your bed and sit upright, fumbling around in the dark to find your phone. Your hand finds it in the dark, and you quickly turn off your alarm. You check the clock.

4:30 am.

You quietly stand up, extending your palm outward as you do so. You close your eyes and feel the warm rush of your quirk as it powers up and courses through your arm. The palm of your hand gets warmer and warmer until a soft white light blooms from it. You open your eyes to see that your room has been illuminated with the light. Aiming your hand towards your closet, you go to it and open it, pulling out a black hoodie, along with a pair of loose gray sweatpants. You dim the light coming from your hand and dress as quickly and as quietly as you can. The light in your palm returns when your done, and you bend down to find your favorite pair of shoes, some old blue converse that used to be your moms. You move toward the door of your room, placing the palm of your hand on it and feel the light extend out of your hand and into the door. You push the normally creaky door open without a peep. You dim the light in your hand once more and hurry into the living room and out the front door. As you close the door behind you, the light returns to your hand. You use it as a flashlight as you walk down the sidewalk away from your house and around the street corner. You check your phone.

4:42 am.

No New Notifications.

You slide your phone into the pocket of your hoodie, making a mental note of the time. You only have an hour and 20 minutes before you have to be home. If you aren't home by 6 then you wouldn't have enough time to get ready for the day and-

You stumble and fall, scraping your knee. Cursing under your breath, you push yourself up and sit on the curb. You move the light closer to your leg and see that it was only a small scrape. You stand and dust yourself off, keeping the light on as you do so. You break into a light jog until you come to an alleyway in between 2 houses. You slip into the shadow of them, putting out the light in your hand, and feel your way through the pitch black. Your hand brushes with metal and you grab the ladder at the first rung, pulling yourself up the building, careful not to miss a step. You reach the top and climb onto the flat roof, where two empty chairs sit alone. You breathe a sigh of relief, falling into one. You pull out your phone.

4:49 am.

1 New Notification.

You tap the button and open your text messages.

You sigh and put your phone back in your pocket, staring up at the sky while you wait

AUTHORS NOTE- Hey guys! this is my very first time writing stories like this. It was a lot of fun! I'll try to make one every night, but I am in school so I'm not sure if I will be able to. If anyone ends up reading this, please drop a like to let me know I'm doing a good job! Thanks for reading :) -END AUTHORS NOTE