Goodnight.

You've been waiting for a good 10 minutes. You turn to look behind you every so often to make sure he hasn't snuck up behind you. You sigh, reaching into the pocket of your hoodie and pulling out your phone again.

4:59 am.

No New Notifications.

You open your text messages and shoot him a message.

You sit back and sigh, looking up at the stars. Your eyelids, heavy with sleep, slowly close as you sink into the chair. You let yourself drift away from reality and into a light sleep. Just as you were about to fall into a deeper sleep, you heard a sharp sound come from below. You leaped up from your chair and looked over the edge of the building. A small shard of ice lays melting on the ground on the curb. You look up at the stars.

"Took you long enough," you say, grinning to yourself. A voice spoke from behind you.

"Sorry, my dad almost caught me." The voice said in a quiet tone, barely above a whisper.

"Yea well leave earlier next time then loser." You said, turning around to face him. He stood with his back to the moon, a shadow cast over his face.

"Yea yea whatever glow stick." He said, walking toward you. You put your hand out in front of you and concentrated on your quirk again. You feel the warmth flow through your veins until it reaches your hands and rests there, a soft glow coming from your palm. The light illuminates him and he frowns, shielding his eyes from the sudden brightness. You laugh and close your hand into a fist, the warmth slowly fading away. He moves his arm away from his eyes, glaring at you.

"That hurt." He said, walking over to the second chair and sitting down. You sigh and collapse into the chair next to him.

"So, you ready for today?" He asks you, shifting his gaze toward the moon. You glance at him, then back up toward the sky. You furrow your brows.

"Honestly? I've been waiting for this moment my whole life. What happens if we don't make it into UA? I've been practicing for this for 2 years now Shoto, and if I don't make it I don't know-"

"Hey." You look over at him. He looks at you and sighs. "Listen. I know you're nervous, but I promise everything will be fine. We both will make it in. I'll be at your side the whole time."

You nodded, then frowned. "I know, I just can't afford to fail. So many people are counting on me. My dad, my friends, everyone who has helped me along the way." You say, looking toward the ground. Todoroki is silent next to you for a long time.

"Trust me." He says. "I know what it's like to be under pressure. My father wants me to take his spot as the #2 hero once I'm done with UA." You frown at him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know-" you begin but he cuts you off.

"Don't worry about me. We have been friends for 6 years now, you know its nothing I haven't dealt with before. But that's beside the point." He says, looking at the faint glow of the rising sun in the sky. "The written exam is easy, or so I've heard. For the physical exam, we can stay together and work out a plan then."

"...Yea." You say after a beat of silence. Although you still not confident, you feel a little better knowing that you both will be working together. You feel your phone vibrate.

"Shit! I gotta go!" You say, jumping out of your chair and fumbling with your phone. You check the time.

5:36 am.

No New Notifications.

"Shit! I'm sorry to cut this short Shoto. I gotta be home by 6." You say, looking at him. He stands up.

"It's okay, I understand. I'll see you later." He says. You quickly climb down the ladder and around the corner, You illuminate the path ahead of you with your palm, breaking into a run. You round the corner to your home and glance at the sky. The sun is peeking over the horizon. You breathe a sigh of relief, opening the door to your house and walking in, letting it quietly click closed behind you.

AUTHORS NOTE- wow hey sorry for the long wait, I've been hella busy with school. 748 words, that's a lot. welcome Todoroki to the story, finally. took me about an hour to write this because I kept losing motivation lol. that's it, a new update in the works and coming soon. -END AUTHORS NOTE