Chapter One

EDITED

Uncertainty.

Uncertainty was all over Tom Riddle's face as he stood infront of a house at Godrics Hallow. It was this day, he came to banish Dumbledore's hero. A prophecy. A prophecy brought him there. A prophecy. A prophecy which led to his doom. Peter Pettigrew, one of his associates, told him where the Potter's where hiding. Killing an innocent child isn't something he aspires to do. But he had no choice.

Marvolo was named as a ruthless killer, and an invader of peace in the wizarding world. Such lies Dumbledore foretells. And such idiots for people to believe him.

It was never for the greater good Albus does these things. It was for fame. For fame and glory. Gellert Grindelwald was Dumbledore's best friend. Best friend who was killed by the other. For fame and glory. Tom sneered. Grindelwald was also a victim of Dumbledore's manipulation, who was also named as a dark lord.

He entered the house. And James walked up to him, with no weapon or wand in hand. What is this? Foolishness or bravery? With not such effort he Avada Kedavra'd him. Not even caring if James was finnaly death or not, he walked up the stairs. Potter isn't who he came for. It is one of the twins.

He entered a room, there sat Lily Potter praying and blessing his twins. She was ready for her death.

"Be safe, be strong, mama and dada loves you..."

He entered, the room.

"NO!" The red headed woman blocked her babies, but he can't let her run along with the boy of the prophecy.

"Stand aside. I didn't came for you." He said pointing his wand at her. Lily kneeled down and begged him.

"Please! Take me instead! Let ny babies go!" More heavy tears flooded Lily's face. He doesn't have time for this.

"You'll be better of with him." With a wave of his wand, he did something hehad promised. And Lily disappeared out of the room. Hesmiled bitterly to himself as he looked at the boys in two different cribs. Charles and Harry Potter. One of which is powerful, one of which is weak.

He couldn't help but feel sorry for the baby as he was to this fate, however, the least he can do, is to this without hurting the child.

"Avada Kedavra."

The other who has been crying the first time his mother falls was hit by a shattered glass on his upper right eye as such impact cause every furniture around crush, shatter, and broke.

The one he hit with the unforgivable, was glowing, as he rebounded the curse to him, killing him, and making him split a piece of his soul in his forehead, creating a lightning bolt scar, as a souvenir for the events.

/(|)\

Dumbledore sat at his office at Hogwarts, smiling maniacally as his plans were already finished and polished. One of the Potter twins, or the Longbottom boy will be his weapon towards Voldemort, who will finish Tom, and wher Albus will take credit from.

He was disturbed as Minerva came rushing to his office, a look of horror evident in her eyes. This could only mean something. At last.. He thought. He can't wait to fulfill all his plans.

"The Potter's has been attacked Albus." She said. "I feel it's so horrible so horrible!"

But before she could finish, Dumbledore rush to the floo network as he said Godrics Hollow, followed by a nervous Minerva.

They arrived at the living room, slightly destroyed as most of the fight happened upstairs. As they walk to a hallway to the stairs, everything was destroyed! Broken tables, shattered vases, fractured glasses. James was in the floor only unconscious, much to Mcgonagall's delightness. However, she rushed upstairs. Lily wasn't there. Only a piceof clothing and blood on the floor with the twins in the crib.

Mcgonagall let tears drop from her face as she knows Lily was gone.

"What now Albus?" Minerva asked.

"Call Sirius and James. They must know what happened."

Mcgonagall obliged. Dumbledore inspected the kids. Charles has a v mark on his left eye, and Harry seem to look normal, just blood dripping from his forehead. Sirius and James stormed to the room, with a distressed Minerva.

"Where is she!?" James asked. Dumbledore look down.

"She's dead. Shes dead!" James cried out. Sirius comforted him as hus friend kneeled down crying.

"Who was the boy of the prophecy?" Sirius asked.

After a few minutes, such wrong words erupted from the old coots mouth.

"Today, I present to you, Charles Henry Potter, the chosen, to defeat He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!"

/(|)\

"Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday to you!

Happy birthday dear Charles.

Happy birthday to you!"

It was the fifth birthday of the boy-who-lived. He was praised like a god evrywhere, and he certainly like the attention. Many gifts was owled to him that day, many that it could form a small house!

However, stood in his room, the other twin, was sad as he hasn't received any gifts. This was not new to him, but being neglected isn't a feeling you want to feel everyday. But he, is thrown out of his own family. He cannot join meals and is not allowed to go outside his room when there are guest. His stomach grumbled as he hasn't eaten since yesterday, and his elf, was taking care of Charles, as Charles force him to leave Harry with no food.

He tried to busy him by reading books. Yes, he can read and write as a five year old kid, and spent his time in the Library, learning and controlling his magic.

He walked to the kitchen to atleast eat a cookie, but was stopped midway when he overheard his parent and step mom talking to a long bearded man, who often visits the manor.

"Proffesor, my wife, Jackie, has said that Harry hasn't been showing any signs of magic," Wait. "And we think he is a squib."

No he is not!

"We don't like our reputation to go bad by having a squib of a son who only have the littlest of magic, so we would like to transport the little magic that he has to Charles and disown him."

Oh no you don't.

Harry Potter ran away that night. Taking five small sacks of galleons from Charles' bedroom and a few books from the library, he ran away.

And as an eight year old, he managed to survive. For now.

/(|)\

"These things, are for the greater good!"

"These things, are for your manipulation."

/(|)\

PLEASE READ

Hi! I have only edited Chapter One of The Neglected Emerald so the next few chapters will make no sense.

Btw, thank you for 4k reads and your wonderful feedbacks!

Love ya ❤️