1.1

ok ok short chapter, ik, but I'm halfway thru the next one 

please comment and vote!

INTERACTING WITH THE HULK, MISSING HER FLIGHT, INSULTING QUICKSILVER - was there anything Spencer Banner couldn't do?

Well, sleep for one - she couldn't do much of that. There's something about finding out her dad is the Hulk that totally messes up her schedule.

But that's fine, you know because Spencer doesn't need sleep. The last thing she needs right now is to be unconscious and vulnerable, so don't blame Spencer for sitting at the labs at 3 AM. She's literally just trying to make it through the night, okay?

And plus, she's got tons of stuff to learn now. For starters - how Bruce turns into the Green Giant? What's the catalyst for the transformation? And possibly most urgent - does she do this too?

(It took Spencer an embarrassing amount of time to recognize the idea that if Bruce had a genetic mutation, then she could have it too.)

She wished she realized it earlier though - Bruce's sympathy would have made a lot more sense, and plus, she could have used the "I might be a danger to society so screw off" line on Pietro.

But whatever. Fast forward to now, at 6 AM, when Spencer Banner was sitting in a vacant lab, scrolling through the SHIELD database she was like 90% sure she hadn't been cleared to see, trying to figure out what was going on.

Spencer Banner should be mad.

She knew that, and she knew it well. She should be angry with her dad for lying or scared because of what he was, or in shock or something. And maybe she was all three of those things, but Spencer's mind didn't have time to recognize any of that.

Because yeah, she should be angry and scared and shocked, but half of those emotions were rooted in the very inability to process the situation. So that's what Spencer was doing: understanding the situation.

That's all she had to do. Understand what was going on.

The research on Bruce's condition was long and extensive. And quite frankly - very traumatizing. Spencer didn't know that everything was so... bad for Bruce.

So it was 5 AM, and Spencer was sitting cross-legged in one of the many, many unused labs. And for the first time in maybe forever, Spencer had her glasses on.

Because this was serious stuff, and she didn't want to miss any of it. 

So this all meant that Spencer being born wasn't supposed to be possible. And it was extremely dangerous that it did happen. She could be extremely dangerous, and she didn't even know it.

But she didn't want to think about that. Spencer wanted to understand. So she kept reading. All about the research and the gamma rays and the nitty-gritty details of the science of it all. Because that made it so much easier to process.