Zane: You owe me this

"Y/N!" Zane called out, walking downstairs. I looked up from my phone and smiled at him. He quickly jumped over the back of the couch and sat next to me. "Can you help me?"

"Depends on what" I said, suspicious of my friend

"Date me"

"W-what?!"

"No, I don't mean actually date me just pretend to date me"

"Why?"

"Because my mom comes into town soon and Garroth told her that I have a girlfriend. Can you please just pretend to date me while she is here?"

"Can't you just tell her that Garroth was lying?"

"No or she will end up crying and I don't want that"

"Aw, Zane actually has a heart inside of him" I teased, placing my hand over my heart. Zane scoffed and rolled his eyes

"Will you help me or not?"

"I-I don't know. It would be a little weird to be pretending to date you since you are my best friend. I mean what if she expects us to kiss, would we actually need to do that?"

"Y/N, you kind of owe me this" He pouted. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Remember when your mom came and you begged me to join you so that you and your mother wouldn't argue?"

"Oh right, yeah I forgot about that" I admitted.

"Please!" Zane begged

"Fine but only while your mother is here" I gave in. Zane sighed and thanked me before he stood to leave. I grabbed his hand and pulled him back down.

"What was that for?"

"We need to get the story straight because your mother knows nothing about me and we can't be having a situation where she asks us how we met and we blurt out different answers"

"Fine"
~
"Y/N are you ready yet?" Zane called from downstairs. I quickly put on some lipstick and then looked at my outfit and makeup in the mirror (Up the top. Change if you want to). Why did I agree to do this? I sighed and rolled my eyes before walking downstairs where I spotted Zane, Vylad and Garroth all in suits

"Vylad!" I exclaimed, hugging him.

"What's Zane dragged you into this time?" He asked, hugging me back

"It's Y/N's fault. She owes it to me" Zane scowled. Vylad and I stopped hugging and I glared at Zane

"So she's pretending to be your girlfriend?"

"That is correct" I said for Zane.

"We should go, Mommy is meeting us at the restaurant soon" Garroth interrupted. I watched him and Vylad walk out to the car and I sighed

"Are you alright?" Zane asked. I looked at him

"I'm nervous. We may only be pretending but I am a bit of a people pleaser and I actually want your mom to like me even if we aren't dating"

"Y/N, my mom can be a little oblivious at times so I think she's going to love you even if we aren't actually together"

"Are you implying that I am oblivious sometimes as well?" I pouted dramatically

"I'm going to leave that there" Zane said. I gasped and glared at him. "We should go"

I nodded and unexpectedly Zane took my hand and led me to the car. We climbed in and set off. Garroth and Vylad sat in the front having their own conversation and Zane and I in the back having our own conversation.