Travis: Princess to Pirate

Mermaid tales one because why not

"I'm here for my date Captain Garroth." Prince Travis said coldly. I chuckled lowly and pushed off the wall I was leaning against. Travis looked at me and folded his arms. "Princess turned pirate I see."

"Your guard is a street rat turned royal guard. We all change." I challenged, putting my small pocket knife back into my pocket. "I'm not sure your date is coming."

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't know what she's talking about." Garroth tried to redeem himself

"Honestly, you really think that weirdo is going to be fit for a prince." I scoffed

"She's perfect for him."

"Then I would like to see this date through." Travis interjected

"Have fun keeping it together then Garroth." I began to walk away

"It's captain Garroth to you!" Garroth called after me

"Whatever." I called back and waved sassily at him

~

"How did the date go?" I walked up to the Travis who was stood at the top of the ship, his date nowhere to be seen

"She ran off." He sighed. I let out a loud laugh

"Haha. You're getting worse then." I cocked an eyebrow. "Do you remember our first date?" I asked

"How could I forget it?" He chuckled. We exchanged happy glances. "We just about got through it."

"Amber wouldn't allow me within two feet of you."

"Y-Y/N, why did you?" His voice was quiet

"Become a pirate?" I finished his sentence. He nodded softly. "My parents tightened the restrictions once I turned eighteen and I wanted just a tiny bit of freedom. They told me that if I was to get freedom it would be at the cost of the throne and my crown. I didn't know what to do but eventually made up my mind and I snuck out of the castle. I then travelled here and joined Garroth's crew. It was here I also received the news of my hometown and what my parents had said about my disappearance."

"I don't think anyone believed their story about you passing. Did you hear what happened to your kingdom afterwards?"

I nodded

"The crown was overthrown because the people weren't happy with the fact there was no longer an heir" My tone suddenly changed from a cold one to one full of sorrow. "My...The kingdom failed and no one has heard from anyone from it in years."

Travis put his arm on my back and gave me a side hug.

"The last I heard was from your father telling us that there was no longer an heir."

"PRINCE TRAVIS!" Amber yelled. She sounded horrified. Travis stopped hugging me and stared at his guard with wide eyes as she stormed up the stairs towards us. She stopped when she saw me. "P-Princess Y/N? You're alive."

"I am. How are you Amber?"

"I-I'm good. I thought you had passed."

"I snuck away from my parents and the restrictions that come with being a princess. My parents lied and instead of saying I had jut go on a trip, they told the kingdom and other kingdoms I was dead."

"I wish I could do that." Travis sighed quietly. I laughed and nudged his arm

"This kingdom is too good to fail. Mine deserved it to be honest."