Chapter 5

Chimon's POV

The car was silent, Nanon as driving and Ohm was beside him while I was at the backseat. This is not the first time that it happened but it is the first time after I messaged Nanon with my alter account. As soon as I sat on the backseat, I checked my phone because I was sure that I received a message aside from ohm's.

Nanon

Yesterday

Hey? Are you there?

Today

Good Morning!!

Are you and my
brother have the
same schedule?

If you can curse
at my brother like
that, I'm guessing
that the two of you
are close.

Are you awake
now? My brother
is now in a hurry
because he's about
to be late

If you two have the
same sched, you
need to get ready now.

He sent those earlier than Ohm's texts. I was silent in the back while Nanon and Ohm was simply conversing, it was the usual scenario we have whenever Ohm fetches me with Nanon, the only difference today is I'm scolding Ohm via text message. But before I scold Ohm, I replied first to Nanon, but because he was driving he haven't seen it yet.

Future Brother-in-law

Ohm! Why didn't
you tell me that he's
coming with you!!

He comes with me
sometimes, you know
that.

Yeah, but you
told me beforehand...

Teehee? Sorry
about that

And because I was behind Ohm, I kicked the back of his chair and he just chuckled, I put my headphones on and closed my eyes. Yes, this scenario had happened for the countless of times that Ohm and I became friends, but I really can't stand the fact that Nanon is so near for me to touch.

-

I was reading notes at the cafeteria for our lecture later when a tray of food was slammed right in front of me, it was Frank. It's already lunch time and the whole time from getting out of the car up until now was uneventful, except maybe for the fact that Nanon had been texting me nonstop.

"Drake asked if they can sit with us?" Frank said when I looked up at him, I looked behind him and I saw Drake, together with First and Khaotung, when they saw me looking at them, they waved at me.

"Why?"

"Drake wants to "befriend" my friends." Raising his arms to quote the word 'befriend'.

"Why now? I mean, we've been friends for three years now, why start befriending me "now"?" I asked, quoting the word 'now' on the air.

"That's what I told him, he said that it's better late than never, so, can they sit with us, or nah?"

"No non?" I looked at him in the eyes and saw how his eyes lighten up with the intent to kill, kill me with teasings.

"Well, Drake said that your precious love was doing something on their lab. Mixng chemicals maybe. So they said that he might or might not have lunch today," he said, "maybe a late lunch." He continued when he saw that distress was burning on my eyes. I just sighed and nod at him, he smiled and waved at Drake and his friends to come over. Ohm just arrived with two trays, mine and his. He said that he'll treat me lunch today, payment for the pleasant frustration he gave me earlier this morning.