What I Saw

Immediately I jumped from the bed not missing a beat turning on the lamp beside the bed. Something was in the corner of my room but looking know there was nothing. No red eyes, no one was sitting there. It was nothing and I know I wasn't seeing things because Siren saw it too.

I wasn't imagining this because Siren was still growling looking at the same corner as me. Quickly she leaped off the bed going over to the spot sniffing and growling as she looked for whatever was there. I was too scared to move but knew it had to be done while I slowly inched over checking for any chance that it could have been a reflection of something.

There was no way that much I knew. The dresser and mirror were on the other side of the room away from the window. I did this for a reason to stop anything from reflecting in the mirror. The apartment was too far up so it couldn't have been taillights from a car. Plus the curtains were closed.

I know I am interested in the supernatural, but this is a little too much. My mind had to be playing tricks making me see things that weren't there or it was someone thinking this the a fucking joke. None of it was funny and now I knew wasn't going to be able to sleep. I was lucky because it was the weekend and right now it didn't matter if I slept or not.

Yes, I was scared and anyone in my shoes would be right now. I wanted to see a ghost, something floating by in the woods but not glowing red eyes in my home where I sleep. Still, this wasn't going to stop me from studying the paranormal. I loved it too fucking much, but for right now I will leave it alone for at least a few days or more. That was all I could promise myself as I calmed myself down making it back to the bed watching the corner until falling asleep around three or four that morning.

It didn't last long because Siren made her presence known and woke me three hours later barking to go out. I sighed forcing myself out of the bed wondering all at the same time. Why did I want a dog in the first fucking place? Then I remembered something about something to love and love me back. Although I should have gotten a cat. Slowly I searched for a shirt and pair of shoes before meeting Siren at the door with her leash.

"Siren, must you wake me up every morning this damn early?"

She looked at me as if I lost my fucking mind continuing to whine, bark, and scratch at the door as if I said nothing. It wasn't like she could understand me anyhow. Sighing bent down, putting her on the leash, and opened the door while she ran happily to the elevators, but we were stopped at the doors by Mason leaving his apartment. He smiled and tried to reach down to scratch behind Siren's ear but she refuse to let him as she growled.

"I told you she didn't like me. But girl, you look like you fought with the fucking dog, and she won."

"That's not funny I had a rough night. Siren woke me up to go outside. Now here I am."

He laughed, shaking his head, walking past me, patting my shoulder as he enters the elevator "That's why I stay alone. Animals are too much of a hassle, hell people too."

The part about people was true but I did enjoy animals. They were more loyal to you and didn't talk behind your back or turn against you for nothing. It made me shake my head as we waited for the doors of the elevator to open again. The ride down was quiet except for Siren's growls at Mason and him typing away on his phone with a smile.

Finally, we made it to the main floor and for some reason, I feel a weight lift from my shoulders once Mason stepped out. Something that I paid no mind to. It was just like that around others. Still once Siren and I were across the street it felt like someone was watching us.

No one was out but she and I other than the people walking past the complex. Cautiously I walked around the field just to make sure we were alone. Nothing but the feel of eyes watching from somewhere I couldn't see.