Awaken

Suddenly I woke up in a cold sweat in the bed alone. For some odd reason, I felt weird, almost like a different person or someone trapped in the wrong body. It could have been my dream, or maybe it was what Silas and I talked about the weeks before. What I did know was the first time this feeling came over me, I wasn't too fond of it. I felt trapped within my own body, crying to be released.

There was nothing I could do as I sighed, making my way out of the bed. My thoughts were on the bathroom, which got interrupted as the door flew open, revealing Lenora and Celeste. Both their eyes were glowing red and ready to fight.

"Excuse you... May I help you?"

"We sense that you were in distress," Lenora spoke as I arched a brow. Of course, they did; this was one reason I hated living in a house full of vampires. I couldn't have one nightmare without one of them knowing, especially Silas. I couldn't feel scared or distressed because of this, and if my period was on, I had to hide in the room.

I learned this the hard way since Silas didn't think it was wise to tell me shit. Instead, my curse decided to come one day when he was at work, which was hell. All I wanted was some food, and I nearly lost my life to six of his vampires. If it wasn't for Celeste, I'm sure John or whatever his name was would have sucked me dry.

After, Silas decided to tell me that some vampires had difficulty controlling themselves with the smell of menstrual blood. Apparently, mine drew them in, and the assholes couldn't control themselves. They were like wild animals scratching and sitting at the bedroom room door.

"No, I'm fine. I-I think it was the nightmare I had, or maybe I'm just a little off today."

"Queen, I think... You know it doesn't matter what I think." Lenora spoke again. She always acted as if she had something to tell me or an idea of what was going on with me but never said a thing. Maybe it was Silas, but I knew that wasn't true unless he didn't want her to say anything until they were sure. He liked to have all his facts before telling me anything.

"It does matter, Nora. If you know something, please tell me."

"That's the point, Yasmine, I don't know, and I don't know what to mislead you."

She was right. If she didn't know, it was best not to say anything, but what my mother told me still was floating in the back of my head. I needed to know what she meant. Why couldn't she help me? What did I need help with? I was mad at her and all of the shit that was happening around me. Some of it may have been my fault, but maybe it wasn't. Someone knew something; they were all hush-hush around me, which was suffocating.

"Fine, then leave me to my morning routine. I suppose Silas is already at work."

"He is, and Master instructed you to stay at home today as well."

"Did he say why?"

"No, Queen, only not to let you leave the manor. All I can say is that you must take it up with him." Celeste spoke. Sometimes I was not too fond of her. She was a smart-ass and never wanted to tell the full story even when she knew the fucking truth.

Celeste was truly one of Silas's little minions, and whatever he told her, she did like a little fucking dog. In my opinion, she was probably in love with him and hated me because I was his so-called soulmate. That was how it felt with her attitude toward me most of the time.

"Your thoughts are wrong, Queen. I assure you Celeste hated Silas... Master for a long time after he turned her. She was one of the hard ones, but after some time, she came around. You don't want to know the torture he to her, and it is something she will never forget. Celeste is loyal to her Master for that very reason, and as I said before, she fears that he will end her eternal life. For the last three hundred years, she had served and answered him. Understand Master wasn't that man you see before you back then. Ophelia and Lazarus are what changed him, and the rest is for him to tell you went he is ready."