What You Doing

Waking up I felt a body nuzzled against mine in a cozy bed that I knew didn't belong to me. The room was dark, I mean black walls, floors, and curtains, plus it was cold. I tried to adjust my eyes and soon as I did the fire lit on its own. It was a little spooky but neat if you asked me. Still, the last thing I remembered was Silas telling me to sleep right after he read my fucking mind. Beyond that point, everything else was a blur.

The fireplace light wasn't giving me any ideas of where I could have been. I knew it had to be with Silas in his home because there was no way this was a hotel room. I fully clothed, telling me he didn't try to take advantage of me something that it didn't seem like he would do. Slowly, I sat up, rubbing my neck from the way I slept and then feeling on the nightstand next to the bed for my phone.

It was the only thing I had besides my clutch which I don't know why I brought since the twins said they would buy all of our drinks. Plus where else would you put a phone? Silas had to know I would wake up looking for it which was why he left it there. Swiftly I turned on the flashlight, pointing it toward a sleeping. Who immediately jumped from the bed staring at me like I lost my damn mind.

His eyes did that shit again, turning goldish yellow before shielding them from the light. This time there was no denying what I saw because I was looking directing at him, nothing but the phone's light shining at him.

"Yasmine, a little warning next time. Fuck, you can't go shining lights in people's faces like that." I quickly turned off the light as he disappeared into the darkness right a few seconds later the light came.

"Why is your room black?"

"I'm what most would call gothic I prefer the dark." I nodded as I noticed Siren sitting at the edge of the bed with her tongue hanging from her mouth. How did she get here? And why would he go through the trouble of getting her for me?

"Siren? H-how and why did you get her?" I said, crawling to where she sat. Siren's bed was a big ass Cali King size. I loved big beds but always thought it was too much for one person.

"I figure you didn't want to leave her by herself so swung by your apartment. I kinda stole your key for your purse and caught the door as one of your neighbors walked in. I knew how much you loved your dog."

I smiled big. He was right; I did love Siren like she was my child and hated to leave her alone. Therefore I wasn't mad. I was happy that Silas thought about my baby. Still, we had an issue and it was with the thing he did with his eyes. I should have been scared but I was more fascinated by what it was. Then something about him made me want to know him the real him.

"What time is it," I asked. It seemed like my thoughts went to the time besides whatever I was just thinking about. Also, I forgot I had my phone in my hand as I looked at the time reading 9:30 in the morning.

"Are you hungry? I can have my cook whip you up something," Silas spoke. It was my stomach that gave me away it had to be. The last time I eat was the morning before now it was eating itself. I smiled at the thought of food just as my belly let out a loud growl.

"Please, but I hate to worry them..."

"Don't worry about that Yas. Just tell me what you would like and I will tell them."

"In that case, I would love some eggs, and bacon, with some toast."

It wasn't a secret I looked for food and I was going easy on Silas's cooks. I could eat a whole buffet and still have more but I wasn't going to ask for that as he smiled and walked over to the phone on the side of his bed. I watched as he dial the number and then talked in a language I never heard before.

"Give it about forty-five minutes. The bathroom is over there, and it's an extra toothbrush in the left drawer closest to the sink. Towels and everything else are already laid out."