𝟪: gaffney for the win

(𝘳𝘪𝘻𝘻𝘰'𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘷)

the crowd cheered as we walked onto the ice in our new jerseys. we skate around the ice and got the crowd going.

"here we are in the third period. what team is this? it's not team usa- oh yes it is! they've got on new uniforms. they're wearing the logo of the duck! i've never seen this before." the announcer said.

as i was skating around the rink, i spotted james and the boys in the crowd. i waved and smiled at them, they returned the favor.

we all continued skating around the ice, showing off our new uniforms until i heard stansson say, "c'mon this is ridiculous!"

so i skated up to iceland's bench and looked at stansson, "shut the hell up already, old man! no one gives a damn about your opinion!" he was taken back by that but the crowd liked it and hyped me up.

the ducks and i huddled up with bombay at the bench. we started to chant, "quack, quack, quack!" then the crowd surprisingly joined in and quack with us.

"gooooo ducks!" the team and i shouted and got onto the ice.

the crowd started to singing, "we will, we will, quack you!" as the third period started.

"rizzo, take face off." coach said and i nodded and we all got into our positions.

the icelander i was facing off was glaring at me, "you're going down." he said.

"you're going down." i mocked in a little girl's voice before switching back to my regular voice. "burn in hell, goldilocks."

the puck dropped and i pushed him back with one hand, making him fall as i took the puck. i passed it to averman, he skated along the boards. he passed it to guy before he got checked into the boards. germaine then passed it to kenny. ken made two icelanders run into each other before passing it to guy.

"wu passes to germaine. germaine slides it to connie moreau. she shoots, she scores! connie moreau with a lovely move pulls team usa within 2 goals!" the announcer exclaimed as we cheer.

we have a group hug before bombay calls a time-out. we skate back to the bench and huddle up around chairlie, hocking this little drawing pad of a play.

"charlie this isn't the nba." averman said.

"yeah but it's the perfect play." charlie argued.

we decided to give charlie's complicated play a shot and i was switched out with dwayne. i watched from the bench as the game continued and they got dwayne the puck.

"now cowboy!" charlie yelled and dwayne nodded.

"alley oop boys!" dwayne said sending the puck flying through the air. banksie saw that it probably wasn't gonna make it in so he went after it.

an icelander noticed and went after banks, he tripped banks from the back but that only helped him push it into the goal.

4-3.

"yeah!" me and the team on the bench celebrated.

but then iceland scored and turned the score into 5-3.