XXIV

Oh my god, sorry for not updating! I couldn't log in my account and it really bugged me. But right now, I'm so happy that I finally got it back! 🥺
-

    He bursted into hot tears as he heard those words escape their mouths. The little boy was running frantically around the house searching for his mother with desperation.

" Mommy! " he wailed as he was struggling to open the door.

His mother's gentle eyes instantly met him, worry glittering them as they laid on him. His whole face was red and wet, hot tears streaming down his rosy cheeks.

" Oh, Tiny. Come here, baby. " she cooed at her baby as she caught his tiny hands in hers, clasping them together. His lip was jutted forward as he stared brokenly at his beloved mother.

She gently tugged at her child signaling to follow her, which he quickly obeyed. The mother entered the room where her other children were, Tiny at her heels, subtly hiding behind her.

It was like the other two already knew what she was going to say. Always scolding them over the same thing over and over again.

" Mother, he's too tiny and weak! He's no fun to play with! " one of them argued furiously.

The other one remained silent as he shot a hostile glance towards the youngest child in the room. He knew they both despised him with every inch of their body. They said that their mother always babied him and he cried excessively, not being any fun to play with. He was too sensible. His older brothers always made fun of him for being so small and ' weak ' and that was to their advantage as they pushed him around, laughing.

Their mother sighed at her mean children, before calmly replying. " Now now, Beau. This isn't very nice of you. I thought I taught you well. And besides, Claude can't help being small. He was born like that. Is it so hard to be nice to your little brother? "

Instead, the child shot back. " Maybe if he wasn't so useless and you only cared about him, it would be different! " and with that, he turned around and darted out of the room, his twin brother at his heels. " Time for hide and seek! " he mused cheerfully as they entered the large hallway.

It wasn't fair to Claude. It wasn't his fault that he was so small and sensitive. Maybe if they gave him a chance, things would be different. He tries to love them and play with them but they don't want to.

His mother curtly glanced behind her shoulder, eyes lingering on her youngest son as they glittered with sympathy. She couldn't help but feel sorry for her son. If only her eldest son would still be around. Maybe he would have had a friend to play with.

-

Dusk folded itself around the lake, swathing everything around in gold. The golden water politely presented shiny moon crescents as the water waves bumped into the shore.

    Harry was sitting on the ground on the left side of the lake while Louis on the opposite one. No words have been exchanged since they've arrived here, Louis being too attached to his phone.

    Apparently Louis had a cabin in the woods where he goes to clear his head when times are tough. At first, Harry attempted to talk to him but he snapped rather rudely so he gave up. He only followed Louis around cluelessly, just like a lost puppy.

    Well, it was better here than home. If he can even call it that.

    Harry could make out in his gaze Louis' faded silhouette as he stared in oblivion. His blue eyes were fixed on the water, the wind making nice waves which were music to their ears.