panic

By the time Freddie reached Leo's apartment building he had worked himself into quite a state. What if Leo blamed him for what happened? He was the one kissing him, the picture was taken at his university and it was obviously one of those girls who followed him around who'd done it.

Freddie could handle the way the talked about him. He was use to it. But it wasn't fair when they dragged other people into it. His relationship with Leo was real but everything they were saying was not. He didn't think Leo would believe them, but what if he did? What if it didn't matter? What if Leo decided he was too much?

Stopping outside the building, Freddie decided he should call Leo to warn him in case he didn't want to see Freddie. But the call went straight to voicemail again.

"Crap."

Freddie pressed the lift button a couple of times but it was taking so long so he headed for the stairs. Four floors was too many to run up but Freddie didn't stop for a second. His breath overlapping, each one chasing the next Freddie finally collapsed against Leo's door banging against it with an open palm silently praying that he'd gotten himself worked up for no reason. When the door opened it wasn't Leo, it was Sadie and strangely the guy Kye Freddie now knew was the Pelican's captain.

"Freddie?" Sadie questioned looking past him like she was expecting someone else.

"Is Leo here?"

Not waiting for answer Freddie push past her and headed straight for Leo's room. It looked almost the same as it had when he left that morning except the warmth had been replaced by an eerie emptiness that felt like a hole in Freddie's heart. He turned back to Sadie who'd followed him into Leo's room.

"Where's Leo? Is he okay? Has he seen it? Does he hate me? It's my fault."

Noticing Kye again Freddie was hit with another wave of panic.

"He's not gonna get kicked off the team is he? It was really my fault. I'll say it was all me. Don't blame him."

Sadie placed her hands gently on both Freddie's shoulders she drew him into intense eye contact. Freddie stopped breathing, looking into Sadie's eyes waiting for something. That something happened when Sadie started to shake him, violently.

"What the hell?" He said pulling out her grip.

"Just tryna shake some sense into you," Sadie said.

Freddie looked at her again, then Kye, noticing that neither of them looked as worried as he'd thought a few moments before. In fact they both looked kind of amused.

"What's going on?" he asked

"Nice to have you back," Sadie said.

"Yeah mate it didn't look good for a moment there you alright?" Kye asked.

"Where's Leo?" he asked again.

"Looking for you doofus."

"What?" Freddie asked.

"Apparently you're both adorably selfless assholes who think of each other before themselves," Sadie said.

"Rude little bugger nearly knocked me over running to find you," Kye added.

"Crap."

Freddie pulled his phone out to try to call Leo but it went straight to voicemail again.

"I can't get through to him."

"Forgot to charge his phone didn't he?" Sadie said rolling his eyes.

"Where'd he go?"

"Campus I reckon."

"Okay. Thanks," Freddie said as he rushed out of the apartment again.