Chapter 6

Chapter 6-Amias' POV

“Alpha,” I spat, glaring at Reynolds as he walked through the archway of flames.

                “You two kids have fun now!” I heard Dobry call, before the arch disappeared back into the wall of flames. An unwilling smile toyed on my lips. That man was completely nuts...

                “Amias,” Reynolds said, nodding his head at me where I still sat on the floor.

“You lost the right to be civil to me when you had Dobry lock me in this place,” I growled, baring my canines at him. Right now, I didn’t care if I was disrespectful or not. I knew that I was going to die at this man’s hands sooner or later. I might as well go out with a bang.

Reynolds chuckled. “Ooh, someone’s feisty,” he commented, walking around the outside of the circle that bound me. My eyes tracked his every movement, my body turning to keep him in sight.

“Dobry really did a good job with this, didn’t he?” he asked rhetorically, crouching down next to the wards. “I’ll admit, I was quite surprised when he informed me of how he’d...detained you. I’d though that Wolf’s Bane Circles were a myth...”

                “You and me both,” I muttered, shaking my head.

                “So,” Reynolds said after a pause, locking his gaze on mine. “Shall we get down to business?”

                “I suppose we can’t exchange pleasantries all day, can we?” I replied, mentally bracing myself for hell.

Reynolds laughed, but it didn’t reach his eyes. “You’ve changed quite a bit in the past few hours, haven’t you?” I didn’t dignify that with a response, just glared.

                “Where’s the woman, Amias?” The sudden change in topic left me floundering for a moment.

                “For the last time, I don’t know where this woman is!” I yelled, gritting my teeth.

                “You see, you say that,” Reynolds said, taking a massive step over the lines. I backed up as much as I was able without touching the boundaries of the circle. He barely fit inside it with me. The cave suddenly seemed a lot smaller than it was a few moments before.

“You say that, but we both know it’s not true.”

                Quicker than my eyes could follow, Reynolds’ arm shot towards me. His fingers latched onto my throat, cutting off my breathing. My eyes bulged as I struggled against his grip. All I succeeded in doing was him tightening it.

                “I honestly...don’t know...what you’re...talking about!” I somehow managed to gasp. I could feel my face getting redder and redder as my wheezing echoed around the dingy cave.

                He stared at me for a few moments, his hold never loosening. Just when I thought I would faint from lack of oxygen, he released me.

                “Why do you have to make this difficult Amias?” Reynolds exhaled impatiently.

                “Oh, well I’m sorry for not being cooperative on something I know nothing about!” I rasped, rubbing my throat and trying my hardest not to wince. That would definitely bruise.

Normally, I would heal quicker than other animals I knew of. All werewolves did. But if the wound was inflicted by your Alpha, then it healed at what I assumed was the normal rate for other animals in the forest. It had something to do with your Alpha’s wolf dominating your own. Which was just one of the reasons why I was so screwed.