Chapter Two: Fleeing the Warzone

"I WILL avenge my friends," I vow. "But first, I need to escape this warzone," I think. I can't avenge my friends if I befall the same fate as them. As a start sprinting into the forest I wonder if will survive long enough to get revenge for my friends. The dense underbrush slows me down, but I trained for years to be able to run for hours in all terrains. After a few hours, I slip on the muddy ground and slide into a small gully. As the sun is going down, and I really don't want to be out in the dark with the ewoks out. I realize my white armor probably makes me more visible in this green forest. I roll around in the mud to camoflauge it more. It will work temporarily. I lie down in the gully, cover myself in leaves, and hope the ewoks don't find me. I barely sleep at all that night, as I can hear the hunting horns and savage yowls of the ewoks around. The next morning I get up and keep running away from the bloodied remains of my friends, the bunker, and everything I've ever known on this hostile planet. I keep running, trying to find my way to, well, anywhere but the bunker. I flinch as I hear an ewok hunting horn. I run faster. Is that a cave? Thankfully, I leap into it, just as some ewoks come into view. Breathless, I sit for a moment. The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up. I hear a low growl coming from behind me. I slowly turn around. "Ahhhhhh!!!!" I scream.