Chapter Four: The Chase

I woke up with an arm around a strange creature. I instinctively reach for my blaster, but then remember who it is. " Good morning Z-4," I say. He looks up and gives me a toothy grin. I lie back down, happy to get the rest I haven't had in days. As I drift off, I hear an ewok hunting horn, extremely close! I dart awake, instantly alert! I see ewoks outside of the cave, they appear to be tracking a scent. One of them raises his head and points at the cave I'm in! I realize they must be tracking me! I wake up Z-4 and we sprint out of the cave, running form the ewoks as fast as we can! I figure with my long legs and Z-4's speed, we can outrun the ewoks. I hear a twang and see Z-4 fall beside me! I stop and see Z-4, dying as an arrow protrudes from his side. He gives me one last toothy grin, and dies in my arms. I scream in rage, not caring if other ewoks hear me, and pull out my blaster! I shoot every single wretched ewok who stole my friends, my life, even my new pet! I enjoy killing every ewok who did this to me. After all of them are dead I bury Z-4. "It seems I am destined to be alone," I think. I walk on, sadly wondering why this had to happen. I decide to head for the outpost I know is somewhere here. As night draws near, I make camp in a hollow tree, and barely sleep at all. I just can't stop thinking of Krill, Bullseye, Eights, and Z-4. I just seem to lose everything and everyone I hold dear.