Chapter Eight: The Escape

I woke up in the middle of the night, planning to escape while the ewoks are sleeping. I hotwire the blast door, and it silently slides open. I creep out into the hallway, and see furry bodies snoring on the ground. I slip between them, as quietly as I can, towards the hangar bay. When I make it to the supply ship I climb inside and close the access hatch behind me. I then power up the blaster canons. "Now," I say to myself, "is the time for revenge." As I fire into the hoards of sleeping ewoks, I enjoy the feeling of killing those who took everything from me. The ewok's screams ring through the air, disturbing a flock of birds that fly away in fear. I take off into the night, cackling at my victory. After a while, I start to get tired and land in a clearing. I switch the power off, and drift off in the pilot's chair. When I wake up the sun is streaming through the window. I decide to fly around the planet to try to find another settlement. As I take off, I feel a slight shudder in the landing gear. "That's not good," I whisper to myself. I fly above tree level and look for signs of life. I fly for hours, only seeing the green of the tree's and an occasional bird. I am starting to look for a place to land when I see smoke! I quickly turn the ship towards the smoke and land there. After I land, I realize this is the base I left this morning. However, it is eerily quiet. I remembered cries of rage when I left. Now, the silence is suffocating! I decide to look around. As I enter the base, I see swollen, malformed bodies lying around. As I get closer, I see the bodies are green, rotting ewoks corpses. They have no visible damage other than a small puncture on them, as well as swollen bodies. Suddenly, I hear a rattling, clicking noise behind me. I turn around and gasp in horror!