Chapter Five: The Long Trek

When I woke up I decided to continue on, even though it will be hard. I need to get to the base, maybe they have a shuttle to help me off this godforsaken planet. I climb out of the hollow tree and start jogging towards where I remember the base being. High command made memorization of all the imperial bases on this forest moon mandatory. I know the base is east of the shield bunker, but I don't know much more than that. I keep jogging, and after several hours the sun starts to sink down in the sky. I start looking for shelter. I rest in an abandoned den of some kind. The next morning when I wake up I keep jogging until the sun goes down, and I find shelter in a small gully. I keep making my way east this way for several weeks. After the end of the third week, I can see signs of human inhabitation like footprints, cleared trails, and other things. I start running, excited to finally see other humans after so long of being alone. Maybe they will have a shuttle I can leave this planet with! I run faster with the thought of escaping this horrible moon. I round the bend and before me I see fire, smoke, destroyed metal, and dead bodies. All this was for nothing. I realize I might never leave this wretched moon. I decide I should at least explore in case there is equipment or rations I might need.  Numbly, I walk between the bodies of fallen stormtroopers, officers, and fellow scout troopers. All dead, nearly charred beyond recognition. I walk into the remains of the base, hoping I might find some living people to help me. I find the armory, and restock up with blaster power packs for both my pistol and my sniper. I also pick up a backpack containing rations and a Z-6 rotary canon. You never know what might attack you on this godforsaken moon. I also use what I can find to repair some of my broken armor. I find the barracks and decide to sleep for the night. As I drift of, I think of my fallen comrades, may they be honored forever.