Chapter Three: The Thing in the Cave

I slowly turn around. "Ahhhhhh!!!!" I scream. There are two eyes, staring at me from the darkness. I slowly back away, never letting my eyes leave the Creature's. As I leave the cave, I see the creature slowly coming out after me. As it comes out into the light, I see a dog-like, tusked creature. I rack my brains for its name. Suddenly, I remember! It's a gurreck! Then my heart sinks as I realize the gurreck file defined it as "a species of predatory carnivores native to the forest moon of Endor. They had sharp fangs and claws, able to tear a trooper apart limb from limb." I stammered, "Ni-i-ice gurreck." He just growled savagely. I slowly pulled out my blaster and pointed it at him. He tensed. I then realized a blaster would alert the ewoks I was here. I crouched down and grabbed the nearest stick. I figured I could stab it in his eye or something.  When he saw the stick he cocked his head at me. I remembered my brother, who had trained a hound he found to chase sticks. I threw the stick as hard as I could in the opposite direction of were I was going. I then, after seeing him run after the stick, sprinted away. After a minute, I heard him running behind me. Oh man, I was dead meat! I tried to sprint faster, but soon was caught! I felt a heavy body tackle me and knock me to the ground. I tensed, ready to be torn apart, but instead felt a slobbery stick dropped on my helmet. I opened my eyes to see a happy gurreck panting above me. I stood up and started to pet him. I realize I just made a new friend! "I'm gonna call you Z-4, because your faster than my Z-4Z speeder bike," I remarked. We walked together for the rest of the day, and found some shelter for the night. We rested in a small cave, similar to the one I found Z-4 in. That night we heard less Ewok activity, so we must be leaving their territory. "We'll be okay, bud," I whispered before falling into a light sleep.