You're The One that I Want - Ishimondo

Mondo is feeling down because he doesn't think he's going to get any Valentine's Day chocolates. Taka attempts to remedy the situation. Enjoy this Valentines Oneshot!

Kiyotaka Ishimaru had never been overly observant when it came to people's emotions. He was never really good at social cues, having never had much practice reading people as he hadn't had many friends until he had been admitted into Hope's Peak.

But even he noticed right away that Mondo was more irritable than usual.

It probably did help that Ishimaru paid special attention to his Kyoudai, but it was still plain to see that something had been bothering Mondo for the past few days.

"Kyoudai!" Ishimaru exclaimed, walking up behind the irritable biker. He stiffened, tensing up upon hearing the other's voice.

That is unusual.

Owada turned and faced Ishimaru with a grunt and a head nod.

Kiyotaka's eyes narrowed, "Is something the matter?

"No!" Owada bit back, loud enough that it made Ishimaru flinch. He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, and continued, quieter, "I'm fine, sorry... Just a bit stressed out 's all..."

"Is there anything I can to do to be of assistance?"

Mondo seemingly flustered at that, although Ishimaru was unsure what had caused it, "I- I uh... no. It's something I gotta deal with on my own."

"Ah," Ishimaru looked at the other thoughtfully, "Then I wish you luck, Kyoudai! I know you can do it!" The moral compass gave the biker a large grin and a thumbs up.

"T-thanks," The biker whispered, turning noticeably redder.

"Yo, Owada!" A voice yelled, causing both boys to turn. Leon Kuwata flashed them both a big grin, "What's up?"

"Hey, Kuwata," Mondo waved at the red haired baseball player, as Kiyotaka gave a quick salute.

"So do you have any idea who you're gonna get chocolates from tomorrow?" Kuwata asked, glancing around the mostly empty classroom.

"Chocolates?" Ishimaru asked curiously.

Kuwata stopped himself from rolling his eyes, "Yeah! You know, like Valentine's Day Chocolates?"

Valentine's Day is tomorrow... I almost forgot.

"I already fuckin' told ya. I ain't gonna get any!" Mondo glared at the baseball star, who flinched back on instinct.

"Jeez, sorry. Didn't mean to strike a nerve," Kuwata laughed nervously, "But you never know! You could always have a secret admirer!"

A secret... admirer?

Ishimaru didn't understand why his heart clenched at the thought of someone being interested in his Kyoudai. He really should have been happy for his friend... But he just wasn't.

"Ain't gonna happen," Mondo let out a sigh.

Leon was about to respond when a loud voice behind them interrupted.

"Kuwata!"

Leon couldn't help but blush when Sayaka Maizono approached them, hands on her hips.

"Hey, Sa-Maizono!"

"I've been looking everywhere for you!" The girl frowned, "We have that thing, remember?" She raised an eyebrow.

"O-oh yeah. The thing. T-the homework thing, right?" Leon grinned at his adept on the spot covering.