Liar - Komahina

This was my second piece for Komahina Week! Takes place during Chapter 3 when Nagito has the liar's disease! Because man, wouldn't it be cool if Hajime wasn't quite so oblivious?

"I don't like being around you," Nagito frowned up at Hajime as he placed the wet towel on his forehead.

Hajime rolled his eyes, "Yeah, yeah. I get it. Jeez. I'll get out of here after I finish up. Don't worry."

"Hurry up and get out of my sight!" Nagito stated with an urgent look in his eye.

"Fine, fine," Hajime sighed, placing the glass of water next to Nagito's bedside table, "Sorry. I'll make sure Tsumiki checks up on you next time."

Hajime stifled a yawn, and felt a pang in his heart for Mikan, for how tired she must feel. After she had almost collapsed from exhaustion while talking to Hinata, the brunette had forced her to lie down and get some rest. He had offered to take over her duties for the rest of the day. Checking up on Akane and Ibuki was easy enough, although he had to watch what he said around them, because Akane might start crying and Ibuki would probably jump off a bridge if he said the wrong thing.

But Nagito... Nagito Komaeda was always a different story.

"Don't worry, I'm almost out of your hair," Hajime forced a smile, setting his pain medicine down next to the water.

Even though it hurt, to be accosted by the usually friendly white haired boy, told he was ugly and stupid and hated, he could get through it. People were always on edge when they were sick, after all. He didn't let it hurt him... too much.

"Alright. Take that medicine and get some sleep, alright?" Hajime smiled, and it came a little easier this time.

"Please... leave me alone," Nagito whispered in return.

"I know, I know. I'm leaving. Jeez."

Hajime shut the door, yawning once more as he made his way down the hall. He really was worn out from filling in for Mikan.

"Maybe I should check on the others one more time..." He mumbled aloud, shuffling down the hallway, "The despair disease really is such a pain..."

He stopped, unmoving in his position as it hit him.

The despair disease.

"Oh shit. I'm an idiot."

Hajime sprinted back towards Nagito's door, throwing it open without knocking. He froze as he saw them:

Tears running down Nagito's face.

"K-Komaeda," He panted, rushing over to Nagito's bedside. Without thinking he reached out, brushing the tears softly away from the luckster's cheeks.

"Hinata-kun?" Nagito's eyes were wide, shocked by Hajime's sudden reappearance.

"I'm here," Hajime sat at his bedside, breathing steadying as he spoke, "I'm an idiot, but I'm here."

Nagito grinned at that, "No you're not."

"Thanks," Hajime smiled back, "That means a lot- Wait! Hey!"

"I was serious," Nagito giggled into his hand, looking up at Hinata with a fond look in his eyes, "I'm so sad you came back."

Hajime let out an exasperated sigh, "This is fucking exhausting, ya know that?"

"I... dislike you, Hinata-kun," Nagito reached out, taking Hajime's hand in his own, giving it a gentle squeeze.

The brunette blushed, turning his head from the luckster. He puffed his cheeks a little and let out the air.

"Liar."