Chapter 5 - "Do you think, my family would be better off being normal?" - Louie

Back in the air Louie felt his ears burning. A sure sign that he was being talked about. He glanced over at Webby and Lena who were talking in hushed whispers on the other side of the plane while Violet stayed focused on keeping them in the air.

Louie had sat away from the group, in the cargo hold of the plane. He had Huey's journals clinched to his chest, which hurt with his heart pounding so hard against it.

Why couldn't he have done something normal that morning like watch TV like he always did when he was bored instead of looking for trouble? Now, both his brother's were in danger, one because of him, and the other...

He looked at Huey's Jounior Woodchuck Guidebook and put aside Isabella Finch and opened up the guidebook. He slowly flipped through the pages of their adventures with their uncle. Louie had to admit. Huey was good at collecting...

He paused at the middle of the guidebook. It wasn't flat like the other pages. He squinted his eyes as he stared at the page. It was like he sealed part of the page on purpose for some reason. He didn't know what of. It wasn't staples, or glue, something stuck between the pages and he could tell it was sticky.

Louie looked up for something he could use to tear apart the page, without ruining the guidebook (he didn't want to feel his brother's wrath when he saw his precious guidebook tampered with). He found a cargo create opener nearby and grabbed it.

He slowly slid the opener inside the fat part of the sealed page and ran it along the page gently. It flipped open quickly and the object fell to the floor with a small clank. Lena and Webby had stopped talking when they heard the noise and looked over at him as Louie picked it up.

"I, It's a hard drive." Louie breathed.

He looked up at the girls who had came up beside him.

"Louie! Your hand!" Webby exclaimed as Lena took the hard drive from him.

Louie looked down at his hand in alarm. He hadn't realized he had been gripping the opener tightly enough to cause blood. Webby sighed heavily as she got the emergency first aid kit that hung nearby and opened it up. Louie kept staring at the blood unblinkingly.

"He must be having a harder time with this then I thought." Webby thought to herself as she wrapped the bandages around Louie's hand. "There, that better?." She asked, and looked up at Louie who's eyes started to fill up with tears.

Louie shooked his head.

"I, I don't think it's ever going to get any better. Webby. Not with the family I have." He muttered. He looked at her. "D, Do you think that sometimes my family would be better off being normal instead of, you know, weird?" He asked.

Webby stared at him for a long time as Lena held up the hard drive up to light as if trying to read something on it.

"Someone once told me," Webby said, "that normal is overrated." She gave him a warm smile and held out her hand. Louie gave her his non injured one in return and laid it down on top of Webby's. Webby gripped at it tightly, as she said. "We want you, all of you, to be the McDuck family normal."

Louie looked over at Lena and Violet. Violet gave him a quick nod of agreement before turning her attention back to the air controls while Lena did the same.

"Okay." He agreed with a deep sigh.

"Good. Now, how about that hard drive, Lena?" She asked, turning to her best friend. Lena handed the hard drive to Webby.

"It's B.O.Y.D's." She told her. "It has Gyro and Akita's logo on the drive." She said, pointing to the small logo.

"It, It's F.O.W.L's logo." Webby said.